The Devil and the Tailor.

This is a promotional video that I have done for an album that I intend to have out in the next 2 weeks, (i.e. just before Christmas). The album is entitled “Anvil of the North.” From start to finish it has taken about a month, and is entirely my own work. All the live acting was done using a green screen in the drama studio of the school where I am employed. The models are all mine, the pub interior was built from scratch, although the other models were pulled in from previous projects. The figures originated in makehuman, although they are heavily modified. and the armatures were customised so that they worked better with motion capture files. some is hand animated however. All modelling and animation was done in blender, compositing was partly blender, but mostly Fusion 7, largely because you can buffer the playthroughs to get live feedback whilst editing (not something you can do with the blender compositor, and a real handicap if you are syncing live performance with animation). The video was rendered using Sony Platinum 12 for much the same reason, but I would say this is still about 80 percent blender. here is a link to the work in progress thread.

Wow absolutely amazing work considering you did all of this by yourself in such a short amount of time, while working on a full album. oO
It turned out great! - Good luck with the release. :smiley:

Thanks! I’ve still got to work like stink to finish it!
I’m adding a still from the video bacause I think I I need one to show up as a thumbnail on the forum.

Put an image of the devil or the scarecrow into the first post, that should give it the attention it deserves. :wink:

Yep Got it!

Reminds me The Elder Srolls 4: Oblivion, especially last screenshot. I used to play that game even more than I expected to.
Nice work.

Reminds me The Elder Srolls 4: Oblivion, especially last screenshot. I used to play that game even more than I expected to.
Nice work.

Very strange you should say that, I first got interested in using blender because I used to mod Oblivion, as part of the unique landscapes project, and I wanted to build some models that weren’t in the original game assets. Here is a video of the last mod I was working on, sadly it never got finished, I went through a period of illness, and when I came back to it it was just too big a project to finish. The tower that the character climbs, was almost the first model I made in Blender, and in retrospect, it looks dreadful!

Ahh, good ol’ days. Looks like Weather:All Natural used at least in the first seconds of the video. Nice looking, I’m sorry to hear it wasn’t finished. Hope your next projects go great!