The Dragon's games for Windows Pt. 2: Helicopter 2 and 3 quarters (please comment)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9xszsrjwzj8
SCREEN:

My pick up and play Helicopter game for Windows, all controls use the mouse, see if you can make it to the hanger in this 2.5D game with simplistic graphics.

WARNING: The hanger is really far away, and you have to survive quite a long time to get there.

Please download this, have fun, and comment. Also, don’t forget to try my other game Arkanoid Virtual Islands XXX, and comment in that thread:)

Um, does nobody care about my games? I know there’s Windows users here.

I love them, nice job on these man! How long did it take you?

This game didn’t take very long, my other one I posted took more then a month.

GameMaker allows for the rapid creation of 2D games.

I know its a fairly simplistic game, but you gotta give us a better visual representation to how close these walls are. Maybe a simple meter to show your hieght and a compass design type of meter show how far left/right you are. I got what I thought may be a good distance (after the initial learning curve…which took less than a min soo) and found it frustrating to be in what I had deemed “The Safe Zone” and see my chopper go down in flames. After about 3 of these occurances, I stopped playing.

It is fun though. After I got over my dismay at how sluggishly this chopper would “thrust” skyward. You said in the key settings it would “thrust”. lol. I got hooked on the fact that its fun, and its simple. But once your no longer stupified, it gets boring quick.

I have gotton pretty far on this. Your chopper can’t overlap any part of the walls when they’re close enough.

House: Try my other game too.

EDIT: Played it myself, my distance was almost 2000 and made it to the hollow square shaped walls :slight_smile:

Cool stuff!

Exactly my point. Close enough is damn hard to gauge currently. Especially when paying closer attention to other things. You get in a comfort zone, you think you’re still in it and BAMM.

I’ll try the other when I get more time kk.