The Duelist-Character Model

Hello all! I’ve taken some time off from spaceships for now, wasn’t planning on doing much for with them anyway. Since I’ve got nothing better to do, I thought I’d work on some organic modeling, which is a field in which I lack skill.

As such, my first character is not going to be anatomically correct, and will be a stylized figure, a Tim Burtonish kind of feel is what I’m going for.

I sketched the character out one day some time ago, and have completed his head. Since his body is really thin, and not very complex, I’m thinking that this may turn out into more of an opportunity for me to learn how to rig that developing more organic modeling skills.

(Learning about rigging would be just as good. Post your links if ya got 'em!)

But I prattle for too long, time for some pics! I also have a turnaround rendering, which I’ll post as soon as it’s done.

Attachments

The topology looks clean to me and I like the style. Sort of caricature “Three Musketeers”. Of course this is all coming from a very very “noobie” blender user.

Not to smartass, english´s not my native but seeing the rapier, dont you mean Duelist?
Dualists are followers of the dualism which is a philosophical movement and also anchored in some religions, buzzphrase YingYang.

On topic, the concept got potential. Curious to see how it turns out in the end.

Whoops. Lemme fix the title… silly me!

Been a long time since last post, but I’ve been working. Heres some new stuff. I finished the character and some clothing. The most amount of detail I plan on going into with the clothing is the buttons, and some texturing to make it look more fibrous.

Theres also an obvious problem. The artifacts in the render, I have no idea how to get rid of them. Under the clothing, there is no continuous body, but there are places where the cloths have to overlap, such as the cuffs over the arms and the shirt tucked into the pants. If anyone has any tips, please share. Until then I’m gonna start working on his hair.

Attachments