The Elder Scrolls Online - The Alliances: Ranger

This is the WIP thread for my entry to the blender guru contest, video games.
i have highlighted what i have so far. As you can see, there’s a long way to go. :eyebrowlift2:

click here to see this awesome guy in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0jNT5cMwxw0#

this is without the background image

Looking great :smiley: Can’t wait to see the end result! Good Luck :slight_smile:

thanks. :slight_smile:

New update. Its all 3D now. No outlines Yay!

Just needs a bit more detail(more belts :D) before i get into the texturing.

Oh, and a face… the face will probably be the downfall. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s awesome! want wait to see the finished result!

i just added some place holder materials:

Looking really cool man :smiley: Are you rendering these WIP images in cycles or just BI???

these are rendered in cycles

Added more belts and a few little strings.

face is coming next!

Looking good :slight_smile: the materials are just placeholders tho arent they?

That’s nice! Of course there’s still a big amount of work but you’ve really done well.

Correct. I’ll probably get into those on the weekend.

It looks to me like his stomach is just flat…maybe its just the angle.

Looking good! Although, I have to agree with DDD here, the lower chest armor is looking flat. So, if you can, curve the armor outwards a little bit more and it will make look more realistic.

Also, there some kind of weird stuff going on, on the right hand corner of the hood. Although, it could be just how the lighting or angle is.

this is coming along tremendously

do and of you guys know how to render hair in cycles?? I’m about to head over to the thread but i might need some explanation.

Thank you all for the encouragement!

Sorry you can’t render haie in cycles. Cycles only render faces, and hair aren’t faces. What i suggest is that you render the hair in blender internal and add it to the rest by compositing:)

You need a recent build of Blender.
In the render panel change the feature set to experimental
Change to static bvh in the performance panel
then go to the particle system and you will see the cycles hair settings at the bottom
Change the shape and width multiplier to get the desired results.

this was very useful, thank you!

I came across this image on 3dworld and thought just in case you didn’t have one close up… Here you go :smiley:

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2013/02/12/blur-studio-on-the-elder-scrolls-online-cinematic/