The Elder Scrolls Online - The Alliances: Ranger

Started the face and I also started adding in the background.

thanks Nathan, i couldn’t find any close ups like that :slight_smile:

Looking really nice :smiley: Andrew Price just uploaded a video onto YouTube about rendering hair in cycles btw :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

already saw it. :smiley:

Rendering some armor tests:

Another test.

Looking great man :smiley: I love the texture of it!

very early texturing

Really nicely done! Very excited to see it finished :smiley:

more updates, gave him arms! :smiley:

Quick update, alot farther along into textures now. i don’t know if i will be able to finish it with the quality that i was originaly planing on though. :frowning:

Were you supposed the add an image to this post, cause there isn’t one to show the updates!

I posted that from the family desktop so i wasn’t able to :-/

and now, for some reason, i can upload images, which is annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

This is probably going to be one of the last updates:

Not bad, but the whole flatness of it all is really letting the model down… curve the armor to conform to the body. The chest plates and the armor on the arms. Also the shape of the arms looks weird to me… i realize its a coat but i feel like something is off.

Great details though thumbs up for that! Lighting seems to be good to0. The fact that the bg is a picture is quite obvious, and the bridge in the bg doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, it seems to be just floating there…

For the final render, do a better camera angle then just a head on shot. I would suggest making it more “dynamic” if you can. Put the guy to work, let him run or about to throw one of the knives or something to make the image more interesting. If this is for the blender guru competition, then Mr Price will definitely be looking for some story telling in your submission, and right now you got none.