I have been following blender for a long time now, since 2005/2006, and I have to say that the improvement is so big.
Blender is a very powerful software and it is also noob friendly and also good enough for experienced users.
I was just thinking about blender and how it could be improved and this is a litst I came up with:
Modelling through a 3D Scanner. (plug in)
The suites that allow you to track animation so you will beable to animate your character by realtime motion.
- Should include the ability of programming your game using languages like C++ and C, C#.
- maybe even make a stand alone Game Engine seperate from the blender 3D modellign and animation so this gives you the abiity to work faster. (this should include the ability to import blender scenes.
- make a browser add on so people will be able to display games on the web.
- The way the game is exported into a stand alone is bad. they are using the blender player to display the game.
- maybe make the engine so that it is using a different licence so that people could sell there games.
- maybe start small and make the engine able to export to iphones. I think this should be easily done since the iphone uses OpenGL ES and the game engine uses OpenGL so this will be easy really.
the game engine should be seperated from the whole software to focus on it even more.
- This needs to be worked on more. this is the least used feature of the blender software so it should be simple to use and the effect in it are poor too.
- I do not know if this effect is already there, I now it is in the node editor but not the sequal editor, this is the chrome key effect for blue/green screen.
these are the things I thought about on how to improve blender, some of these feature may or may not help blender in the future, so I want your views of what you think.