I’m a total ding dong. I just started trying different things mentioned above and I
may have come across the fix. But…unfortunately I may also need to start over
on all the animations I did previously. But it’s ok.
I first when in and cleared the rotation on the armature in edit mode,
then while still in edit more, rotated it and tried to line it up again with the mesh.
Then pressed Ctrl+N to recalculate armature bones (or whatever that does),
then noticed the mesh had an armature modifier that was still waiting to be applied,
so I clicked Apply.
Then I, for the heck of it, tried parenting the mesh to the armature and and
from the pop up, selected Armature, and then Don’t Create Groups.
Since everything was all re-arranged the actioned looked pretty messed up when
I played then. But just for experimental purposes, I finally parents the Armature
to the Curve Path and adjusted the settings in the NLA window. Sure enough,
the mesh followed along with the armatures. They still looked screwed up, but
I’m pretty sure this time it had nothing to do with parenting to the path, but rather
the re-arrangements of the armature from earlier.
So, there is a lot of work to be done to get back to where I was. Hopefully I
don’t go through the troubles and then accidentally forget a different setting that
makes me start over once again.
So, I have nothing to show right now, but hopefully in the near future I will be able
to share something cool for you all to watch.
Thanks everyone for all of your tips and advice. You’ve helped put me back on
the right path. I owe you.