The Good & The Really BAD!!

(BgDM) #1

Well, the good:

I got a new computer at work today (1.52 GHz, Nvidia GForce 2 Video w/32 Meg Ram, 256 Meg RAM (Upgrade to 512 next week :o ), and it smokes. Blender runs just awesome. I can’t wait to get the extra RAM now. Also got Photoshop 7 upgrade!! WOO HOO!!!

Now, the bad:

I forgot to backup some of my blend files to the server and my old comp got formatted. I lost about 30 blend files. Luckily, it wasn’t any of my latest ones. I saved those. But there were some good blend files that I will never see again. :frowning:
/me repeatedly smashes a baseball bat over his head until he dies.

BgDM

(blengine) #2

wow nice! cept the loss part =(

/me repeatedly smashes a baseball bat over his head until he dies.

since your dead, can i have your new computer?

(BgDM) #3

/me reincarnated himself just to say NO! :wink:

BgDM

(CubeFan973) #4

If I give you some money to get some alcohol to get yourself away from reality, would you give me your computer?

(theeth) #5

mwahahahha, I still beat you in shear CPU power! (/me has a P4 1.6 GHz)

transfering .blend files over diskette is a bitch, and not really better than uploading them and redownloading them over a modem…

glad to know you have a new comp. Now, go on and surprise us with some wicked blending 8)

Martin

(IMProvisar) #6

AthlonXP 1700+ here. Runs slightly slower speed (1.46, I think), but supposedly with better performance than a P4 1.7 (hence “1700+” in the processor name)… hrm… call it a tie?

Imp