The Gun Poll

There have been a few gun related topics lately, so I decided to find out the general consensus of where the people of elysiun stand on the matter … just for fun.

[edit]Fixed the poll[/edit]

erm theres no pro firearm box, but if there was id tick it

I have no problem with firearms being used for recreational or defense purposes.

So I guess that puts me in the “Pro-Firearm” category.

Anti-Firearms,but i like modeling big guns %|

I am Pro Firearms.

My family owns a 45 ACP handgun, 4 M1 Garands, .30-06 ammo (mainly for collectible value, they’re going to go up almost 8-10x in the future when the current supplier “runs out”, however, we regularly shoot one of them), 1 M1 Carbine, .30 ammo, 2 Mosin Nagants, some weird ammo, I dunno, and two .22 carbines.

However, we’re responsible enough to own these. We follow every rule ever concieved and my dad is a very good target shooter. They’re in a gunsafe right now and none of the children or teens in the house know the combination.

I am in support of STRICT STRICT STRICT regulations and heavy fees to get firearms.

But even then, there would still be ways to get Automatic SMGs. The black market can’t be stopped by regulations.

Pro-firearms. I shoot in 4-H, and other competitions, and my family owns in the area of 8 guns. I do think that people should be properly instructed as to how to safely handle fireams, so that injuries/fatalities can be avoided.

I guess I’m pretty neutral on this issue. I feel that our second amendment rights should be protected, but at the same time, there are definitely people who shouldn’t have guns.

So I don’t know where I stand.

I don’t mind people having guns for some healthy recreation (if that does it for them), and home defense via firearm is okay with me if you’re willing to accept whatever consequences you cause. However, I think that some guns do not need to be owned outside of the military, regardless of how tough they make you look on home video.

i’d be interested in a new poll.

Pro- firearm live inside the US or are US citizen
Pro- firearm live outside the US/ are not citizen
Neutral- inside the Us
Neutral outside the US
Anti-firearm inside the US
Anti firearm outside the US

i would be particularly interested in the cultural differences based on social influence.

Alltaken

Anti-firearm : UK bloke

Exactaly… With guns comes great responsibility… I personaly are pro-firearms… but I see lots of people who hunt who should have no right to handel a gun… there was this one time I went out hunting with my dad… there were people on the oposite side of a field… 'bout 20 yards… A bird whent up between us… and the jackasses still shot in out direction… I could feel the pellets falling on me from above…

Neutral. US bud here. I don’t have a strong side either way. Banning guns is retarded, since the people who shouldn’t have guns will get them whether they are banned or not.

I am an former military person. (4 years Navy and 7 years Marine Corp) I believe that anyone should be able to own a firearm but that they should be harder as possible to get. The fact that in some states you can just walk in to a gun store and put show your Driver’s License and walk out with a lethel bothers me. That is the very reason that while I own my own pistol I REFUSE to join the NRA. I really wish that there were a more reasonable and rational gun association in this country.

And PLEASE do not give me that Second Amendment Crap. That part of the law was drafted over 200 years ago when this country had a real fear of being absorbed by older more established nations and had no real army to defend itself. They need people to be able to be called up out of there homes on short notice (i.e. A MILITIA) to defend the country if need be. Here in the 21st century when we are the only superpower left that arguement is outdated.

I have seen first hand, eleven years of service what a weapon can do to a human. VERY upclose and personal. I have the ultimate respect for those tools. That being said I feel that if a citizen wants to own a weapon then he/she should have to go thru some of the training and abuse that I had to in boot camp before they even let us TOUCH a real weapon. That type of training gave you a great respect of what that object could actually do.

IMO, guns should be harder to get, and certainly many, many weapons should not be available to the public at all… so really, I’m not 100% anti-gun, but I voted for it because the world can use a little bit of disarming ATM.

Or just follow Chris Rock’s idea of making guns free but bullets cost a million dollars. :wink:

hell yeah.

infact weapons development is currently at a high point.

the US developing tactical nuclear weapons
north korea and its nukes
everyone else and their nukes

Alltaken

Neutral, because when I was a kid I wanted to become a solider, but now I know it’s not right to kill someone :wink:

I would vote for anti because I hate guns and like swords, then I could slice people and re-live medieval times… though this isn’t right either…

Is there a kinda pro_guns BUT pro-controls (like no firearms for convited fellens, 5 day wait and regresty) slot? Beacuse then I woud click it.

As far as im consernd, a gun dos not kill, people do. its not like we cant let the 13 year old cooking prodigy have a knife beacuse some kid in the past killed his parents with a knife, can we?

Currently, how much training is required to own a gun? Do people need any proof that they can handle a gun in order to buy one? You need to earn a licence to drive (although some people shouldn’t be driving), and (I think) you need to take a snowmobile safety course to drive a snowmobile. If it’s not difficult to get a gun/gun licence, then maybe it should be made more challenging … and maybe there should be a psychological evaluation done on anybody wanting a gun licence – just to be safe.

And mandatory, intensive training for those who steal guns.

%<

Currently, how much training is required to own a gun? Do people need any proof that they can handle a gun in order to buy one? You need to earn a licence to drive (although some people shouldn’t be driving), and (I think) you need to take a snowmobile safety course to drive a snowmobile. If it’s not difficult to get a gun/gun licence, then maybe it should be made more challenging … and maybe there should be a psychological evaluation done on anybody wanting a gun licence – just to be safe.[/quote]

Problem is that driving a car is not a Constitutionally guaranteed right. Having a firearm is. You all are putting waaaay too much trust in the state. The whole purpose of putting into the Constitution is that the citizenry owning guns is the best way to keep politicians and the government on their toes. They know that if they ever get too far out of line, the Tree of Liberty will get the sustenance that it every so often requires (that would be the Blood of Tyrants, for those of you not familiar with the reference).

Incidentally, in our house, we have a Saiga 20 semi-automatic shotgun (almost an assault weapon! the horror!), and a Ruger Mark II .22 pistol with custom grips, a trigger job, and a red-dot sight. Coming up will be a Makarov 9x18 pistol, a nice semi-auto rifle of as-yet-undetermined caliber, and maybe if Mosin-Nagant cheapo if I get itchy.