The Imp

This is imp inspired by Doom 1 & 2. Any tips?

Update 7:
I suspended this project for a few months. I dont really know why :pensive: . But anyway, thanks to this WIP, i can remember what i’ve doin. And now i finally done retopology for this imp. Next i will again gather some references. Then sculpt details and so on.

Update 6:
After long pause, i made some polypaint. Rendered in LuxCoreRender.

Update 5:
I think, is enough sculpt for now. Time to take some rest. To look at him with fresh eyes. And if sculpture still looks ok, i will go on to retopology. And here also fireball version.

Update 4:
Teeth.

Update 3:
For now i think body is ok, and it’s time to add some details to nails, thorns, teeths etc.
Also limbs and head are now connected to the torso.

Update 2:

Update 1:
Hands and feet now with meat:

Changes to eyes:

Hands and feet needs a lot work. And limbs and head not connected to the torso.

5 Likes

Start with, I think this is a really good work.
Something I noticed is the fingers and toes. There is no meat, only skin on them. I get the idea about the look, for having them this way. And I think it looks good. From an anatomy perspective I think the creature would hurt.

I like this sculpting style. It fits the original Doom vibe. :+1:

1 Like

it must be very painful for it to sleep! :smiley:
I think eyes and hands need more love.

Hands and feet now with meat:

Changes to eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! Sorry for late answer.

And thanks all.

1 Like

Update 2:

2 Likes

Update 3:
For now i think body is ok, and it’s time to add some details to nails, thorns, teeths etc.
Also limbs and head are now connected to the torso.

1 Like

I like the spine showing on its back :+1:

Thank! This is the place about which I was sure the least.

1 Like

Update 4:
Teeth.

1 Like

Update 5:
I think, is enough sculpt for now. Time to take some rest. To look at him with fresh eyes. And if sculpture still looks ok, i will go on to retopology. And here also fireball version.

1 Like

Update 6:
After long pause, i made some polypaint. Rendered in LuxCoreRender.

it looks monstrous, Wow - -

I would consider adding fur, it looks like a monkey demon, or a small bear demon - -

it looks like it’s a partly formed human, almost an abortion, with the pale skin, and so on . …

I don’t know what to say, it’s ugly but, of course it’s a demon, Well done - -

1 Like

Thanks! I will try some fur for sure.

I suspended this project for a few months. I dont really know why :pensive: . But anyway, thanks to this WIP, i can remember what i’ve doin. And now i finally done retopology for this imp. Next i will again gather some references. Then sculpt details and so on.