The Island [Survival Game] - new updates

Thats amazing! Ofcourse this is WIP but i have two small critiques. First i would rework the model of the campfire because the ends of the wood are looking strange and the wood should look more random and natural. The second thing is that the sound when you open up the inventory gets anoying if you hear it to often (hoffe es macht sinn was ich hier von mir gebe aber naja englisch is nich so meins :\ ) good luck with this project!

Try add some planes with white ray and black background as texture, use ā€œaddā€ for their alpha option then place around the area you want. If you want those to be fading, animate them

@ RockyMadio: Ok thanks IĀ“ll try that.

@ Lio Kon: Yes the fire will be updated someday, and the sound is also just for testing. (Passt doch alles mit deinem Englisch :D)

How do you make caustics? It sounds impossible for meā€¦

Looks great, good job.

Just a sunlamp, with a texture on it and then moving it.

okay :D. Is it possible to help you with things like modeling? Because the game looks very good already and you are obviously a master in the game engine but i think a project like this is very big for a one man teamā€¦ do you need/want help? or do you want to work alone?

This game looks Amazing, I can not wait to see more. I canā€™t think of anything that looked bad or wrong, it all looked pretty seamless.

Of course IĀ“d love to have help with that project. For now I use models from other people (and even games), because IĀ“m not the best modeller. So help with modeling and texturing would be really appreciated. What I need:
-better stick model
-better campfire model
-better axe model (stick+stone+string)
You can start with modeling this, and then we find sth. else.
Anyone wanting to help, please tell me, help is really appreciated.

Working on bear enemies.
Also, Knive is implemented (has multiple functions e.g. to create a speer)

What is sad is, that the rabbit and the bear model are rips from Tomb Raider and Assasins Creed I believe. So sooner or later I have to create them myself.

This is what the diving will roughly look like. Still have problems implementing it.

Could you post me the diving example .blend? In my tries the caustics texture is too huge- I canā€™t set mapping of light in itā€¦ I donā€™t know why, but light texture mapping doesnā€™t work at allā€¦

Yeah, here you go, just search the sunlamp in the scene.

https://copy.com/VbxBfipXgB9qG0iE

Looks Great so far! only thing I could say for improvement would be the death animation on the rabbit, maybe implement rag doll physics? and bushes for the island and coral underwater would be awesome

Very cool graphic aspect of the underwater scene.
I like your art direction.
Waiting anxiously for updates.

Well, the example looks very good, but in fullscreen I get 4,5 FPS, in default view- 9.1 FPS:D:D:D

hm, maybe that comes from the particle system. try removing the wireframe cube (the big one)

Well, I had to delete 2 cubes to get good performance:D Anyway, I hope you will have lite graphic settings for NVIDIA GT610 with Noveau x.org drivers:D

IĀ“ll try, but I canĀ“t really say, cause BGE isnĀ“t very optimised, but IĀ“ll implement graphic settings, what blender version did you test it on?
IĀ“m working with 2.73, maybe that could also be a point.

I use only 2.72b and 2.73.

I am in, anything you need, pm me, or ask me here.

(I code python script)