The King of Buttons [Blend and Mac]

Yes, I named it after the Newgrounds game. Same thing actually.

Simple gameplay, just push the button as much as possible. Later I may make messages appear on the screen depending on how much you push it. The size of the file, well, that’s because I built in one of my other games.

Note: DO NOT RENAME THE APPLICATION. This will cause one of my “features” in the game not to work. Also, SAVE THIS FILE IN YOUR HARD DRIVE. Same reason as above. You can go about modding the game so you can place it somewhere else than your hard drive, or maybe you could just make a shortcut. I don’t need to tell you how to mod it or what you need to mod, you will figure it out. Unless you are a newbie. So I guess I’ll tell you. In the scene “OtherGames,” click on the plane with the picture on it and the blue thing behind it. You’ll know what I mean. In the actuators of this object, modify the directory. The actuator with the directory is first in the list of actuators. If you mod this, you can rename the application or move the file.

Here ya go!
Blend
EXE still coming… Stupid computer is broken. Need to use a different computer.

Screeeeeeeeeeen
(You probably want one since the file is rather large for its concept)
Note: Blend is 2.47. 2.48 malfunctions for me.
Another note: The “Other Game” feature is still buggy.

Attachments

I don’t expect a whole bunch of replies yet because people will be busy seeing how many times they can push the button.

If you guys are still pushing buttons, then you scare me.

Don’t give me any serious critique, I only made this for fun and to test the “Game” actuator.

Sorry, Macs only so far. Blend and EXE coming soon.

If you guys are still pushing buttons, then you scare me.

Lol, I think it might be the fact that there aren’t that many mac users at this time of day (I could be wrong though).

On a different note, I was wondering why we shouldn’t change the name of the file? I remember seeing a function in python that allowed you to get the name of the application. Search the forums a bit.

dude it was like an hour after your last post, its a forum, not a chatroom, dont expect replies incredibly fast (sotimes you will get some, but not always)

but on another not - i was looking forward to playin this…but i dont have a mac!! :frowning:

Well, I advised against renaming the application because the “other games” feature wouldn’t work.
If all you want is the button, then call it whatever you want.

Lol, I think it might be the fact that there aren’t that many mac users at this time of day (I could be wrong though).

I hope not.

I’m sorry…

dont worry er…what name…ill just play when the EXE comes out!! :wink:

I just posted a blend.
But you can’t use the “Other Game” feature unless you want to have to worry about where you put the blend.

ahh cool thanks.

give me a litle while to play!

Alright, I am sorry, but this post is going to be full of criticism. The nice things I can say include: cute menu, kinda ok background.

Now, there is literally no point to this game. The original Newgrounds game was a joke. It was easily accessible (just an online flash game) and served the purpose to alleviate boredom with the ability to later say “I was so bored, I played this flash game and got like 298419248 button clicks.”

However, your game is not only a complete copy showing no creativity, but it’s in the inconvenient form of a downloadable executable (and for Mac on top of that). You didn’t make any attempt to even add the slightest of freatures, like maybe making it a teensy bit fun. I understand that you made this in your own boredom (which is reflected in the boredom resulting from playing the game), but your skills would be MUCH more applicable if you came up with more of an original idea.

I’m sorry to bash you like this, but I’m going to consider what I’m saying as a form of “tough love.” Seriously, I’m sure that you can design something much better that you thought up yourself.

-Sam

That just killed me…

I know of the button game, but the game gets a solid condemnation for having swears written when you hit the button enough times.

I do not need to look at F-bombs for hitting a stupid button, much like how I hate the cussy dialogue and music thrown in when I just want to watch the freaken playthroughs of classic games.

I remember seeing a function in python that allowed you to get the name of the application. Search the forums a bit.

Well, I advised against renaming the application because the “other games” feature wouldn’t work.
If all you want is the button, then call it whatever you want.
I meant that you could use python to get the name of the file and then you could send the name of the file to the game actor (I haven’t tried it for myself, but it should work). That way, the user could change the name and your “extra feature” would still work.

As for the game itself, you could add a few more things to make it a little more interesting. Some of the things I think that would improve your game could be (and these are only suggestions):

• Add a little more scenery. Place the button in a 3d scene, like a bathroom, and power plant, anything.
  • Online score keeping would be cool.
  • Cute goodies, in-game rewards or even upgrades based on a number of hits.

Please don’t make posts in a row. People will respond. Just be patient.