The Last Dance?

(Jeannot) #1

I’ve had a blast creating this 2 minute 3D animated short movie about a tiny Peacock Spider. Completely created in Blender 2.8 and rendered using Eevee.

I have recorded the entire progress from beginning until the end. I will turn all 32 hours of recorded content into a complete course for beginners that will be sold on the Blender Market once done (will update with release date once I have one :stuck_out_tongue: )

It ain’t perfect but I am super happy with it! I hope everyone enjoys!
Here are some stills:

A huge thanks to S J Bennett for the awesome voice acting!
A huge thanks to Steve Cypher for recreating the sound of a didgeridoo!
A huge thanks to Chris McFall for his help, contacts and support!
A huge thanks to my tender half Nancy Lizotte who hates spiders but still put up with me throughout this project.
A huge thanks to Ton Roosendaal, The Blender Foundation & everyone involved in this amazing application development.

I love Blender!

Cheers!

11 Likes

(Jeannot) #2

Few more shots from the production!

1 Like

(Jeannot) #3

GIF

2 Likes

(sundialsvc4) #4

Yes, you’ve done a fine job of illustrating a very tiny creature and giving it personality enough to carry the show. The “hairy arms and legs” worked out very well indeed. The handling of the background is also very convincing – this really does look like macro-photography should.

But if you’ve got 32 hours(!) of video material documenting the process, you’ve got a lot of editing-down to do! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

(Jeannot) #5

Hahaha, thank you very much! :blush: I indeed have a hell of a lot of editing to do :smile: However, lots of things are very very repetitive so I highly doubt the course will be anywhere near that long. I am not in a rush, it’ll take the time it needs to :stuck_out_tongue: . I haven’t given a release date because I have no idea how long it’ll take me to convert into a proper course :thinking: I also probably will need to record some supportive content, to further explain certain things or demonstrate other uses for the same sort of things.
Yay more fun! :grin:

0 Likes

(Jeannot) #6

0 Likes

(Meshmonkey) #7

Awesome job!

1 Like

(ToxicTuba) #8

very funny! Wobble wobble! :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Jeannot) #9

Thank you! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(Jeannot) #10

Thank you :slight_smile:
I was lucky enough to find a good voice actor for this! I think he did a great job acting it out, which helped me tremendously with animating it.

0 Likes

(Jeannot) #11

I decided to give him a little girl friend!

2 Likes

(DenisL) #12

Great work! I love the field of view blur and the realism.

1 Like

(Jeannot) #13

Thank you! :blush:

0 Likes

(Rafael Rodríguez) #14

I love the result. It is very funny also.

1 Like

(Jeannot) #15

Thank you! :blush:

0 Likes

(benb100) #16

Looks great !!

1 Like