The Last Ocean

here is a small experiment i was working on the past week !

and here is how i made it

there is nothing fancy about it
the clouds are a texture made with krita project into a cylinder
the sky is made using gradient
and used Kuwahara on the composting and set the colors to slandered with simple color correction

i hope you like it !

26 Likes

Lovely work!

I really like the splash effects

2 Likes

thank you so much ! :slight_smile:
i think the splash effects needed more details ,i am new into 2d VFX

1 Like

I think the “simplicity” of them is what makes them look so good and so 2D

Adding too much detail to 2D effects is a trap I fall into quite a lot, usually it’s best to keep it “simple” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

thanks a lot ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn it looks cool :heart_on_fire: :clap:
This style of work is super popular now , and I don’t wonder why

Maybe it would be a good idea to make the next one a bit longer ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you so much !
yes i was planning to make into a 1 minute animation , but thin i got little time to finish it :sweat_smile:
so i rushed it the way it is
but i might do that in the future !

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

thank you so much ! :slight_smile:

This is so cool!! :fire:
I especially love the style!

1 Like

thank you so much ! :slight_smile:

1 Like