The Magical Journey Begins

This image is titled “The magical journey begins” it was inspired by three concepts: magic, flying and adventure. I did it to participate in the Blendernation weekend challenge, the topic was: The journey begins. This image was created from scratch and developed in just three days

I won first place this time :slight_smile:

The characters were sculpted in blender using dynamic topology, the cloud texture is from Pixabay and was rendered with Cycles (1200 samples)

[B]Blendernation weekend challenge: The Journey Begins

[/B]P.D: Sorry for my bad English

Harold excellent image again :), and congratulations you really are a top artist!
and don’t worry about your english, because we could improving more if we write more hahahaha

greetings and good luck!

Thank you Jose :slight_smile:

Saludos and Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

Nice work ! Congratulation for your way! Your picture show as feeling free and light fly, i like it much.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh and Merry christmas too.

Give you 5 stars !

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas

I love it! 5 stars.

Love the style and color scheme.

The one thing that I think could use of a fix is the characters ability to hold on to the flying creature. There is nothing to hold him/her.

Even if it’s fantasy they still obey some of the laws of Newton.

An example in ps:

Thank you for your suggestion bigbad :wink:

I made the changes in the image, what do you think

It looks much better.

Great soaring work!

This is great!! I was looking at it and it hit me how similar the subject matter was to an illustration I did a couple of months back in Affinity Designer. Weird… but cool. I guess we were in a similar headspace. Very different outcomes but same sort of subject matter. Kids having fun riding things in the sky, they even have similar goggles on…

https://www.behance.net/gallery/32104767/High-Flyer-Serif-Europe

Excellent Job!

Love the idea and the realization

Hashtag new wallpaper!

retrograde, I took a look at your link there. Great work as well. Definitely a different style, but comparatively, they are even facing the same direction, using a rope to ride, same goggles, and the image portrays the same excitement. Bet you were feeling the de ja vu here.

Great work Harold. I love the atmosphere in this. It makes you feel light as a feather; a great affect for such a care free theme. I also enjoyed the color scheme. It definitely feels magical.

I’m glad you liked Oby1 :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

I like your illustration, you’re right Kids having fun riding things in the sky, I always dreamed to do that as a child and even now :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it :slight_smile: