The Mandalorian. I don't get it

I want to show you what I loved in episode 5 of The Mandalorian and what made my wife wonder if I’m completely sane by looking at my behavior.

1. Red pew pews:
  2. Retro interfaces:
  3. Old school KABOOOM!
  4. Yet another hover vehicles over Tatooin desert:

And this was only in last episode!

I don’t know when you have watched first trilogy but for me it was long time ago in a galaxy… ekhm. During my childhood. And when I was a child I didn’t have enough character depth perception or wasn’t able to solve hidden political plots in those movies. They were about pew pews, robots, star ships, occasional KABOOMS and Jedi knights. And light sabers, especially light sabers.

So, now when I see that creators of The Mandalarion are paying attention to so heart warming, memory restoring, visually pleasing details - I’m sold right away. Add to it simple concepts about friendship, loyalty, love, anger and consequences of those emotions. Spice it with amazing music which sound like Ennio Morricone had a baby with John Williams and you have full package.

Don’t take me as a dumb idiot who do not appreciate good story, in the contrary, I’m big fan of classical literature, overly written fantasy books or independent cinema. Just not in this case.

I do not like to find too much depth and meanings in my Star Wars experience. I want to go back in time and just enjoy this series from my POV. And you know what? Not only me. We like those nostalgic tones when everything was simpler and creators are abusing it lately (praise them!). Member?

Next time when you will want to watch The Mandalorian, just take your blanket and be like baby Yoda:

4 Likes