The Master Sword

New poster here, but have been using Blender for a year now and really liking it. Have been a Maya user for well over a decade now but I really do prefer Blender in almost every way ^^
Did this piece for my brothers birthday, a recreation of an art found in some old manual for Zelda 3.
The sword is actually modelled in Maya some years ago, but the rest is done in Blender. Rendered in Eevee since I wanted to give it a shot (and also since the volumetrics is waay faster to render). Some comping in Photoshop as well.
Hope you like it :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Wow looks like a digital painting! Does it have painted parts or is everything you see modeled? Can you give some insight as to what part is 2D or 3D?

There’s actually just some very small minor paint fixes of some render error, but nothing that contributes to the look. There’s also a slight oil paint filter done in Photoshop, but that’s only something that you see in close up and also nothing that really contributes to the overall look. What I think does it the most is the fact that I rendered in Eevee which does give a somewhat “flatter” look without all the fancy light bounces etc, and then also my post processing work with the different fog layers and some stuff done in Camera Raw as well that might give it the look. Wasn’t actually on purpose, but kinda fits with the look of the original drawing that I remade :slight_smile:
I wanted to upload the raw render from Blender, but the project have gone into my backup disc so can’t really access it now unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks! Nice to hear some background! Would be cool if you could post some behind the scenes pics. Are the light particles (little dust dots) in Eevee or PS?

Awesome work! Im in love

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Awesome image, I love the style! And welcome to Blender, glad you like it :smiley:

1 Like

Nice one! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like