The MegaCity of Fluxus

My work for this week. Not exactly what I wanted to get out of this project, but I need to move on to other things.

27 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, Bart!

1 Like

Woo, not every day you see a city scene with terrain!

1 Like

The terrain was the main thing for this scene, believe it or not :slight_smile:
Only after I’ve made the terrain did I decide on making something more out of it.

Here’s some early WIP for the terrain:

3 Likes

Ryugyong Hotel?

2 Likes

Sure, but the buildings come from a Kitbash pack.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

The terrain looks really cool, is it done in blender ? how do you go with it ?
The whole city is interesting too ! Many detail and cool design elements, maybe by working more on the scale of things it could look more huge, because different buildings got different windows size, it’s hard to get what is the human size of this.
But there is a cool vibes to the whole anyway !

Thanks, Bart!

Hey!
So the terrain was done inside of Houdini, as well as all the masks I then used in texturing - which was done later in Substance Painter.

Yeah, I agree the city itself could’ve used a lot more detailing and attention to scale and interaction between elements, but it’s all I could’ve done in the 3 days I’ve had to work on this whole thing. I’m not particularly happy with the end result, but I’m not ashamed of it either :smiley: .

1 Like

Thanks for the answer ! I wonder how much of that terrain can be done in blender, but when I look at these beautiful streams of lava, I think I’ll wait a few release before testing :smiley:
It’s quite impressive for 3 days of work ! very well done !

1 Like

PyongYang?

1 Like