The Moon Conspiracy!

(daveman14) #1

Lol i know i can’t spell but whatever…anyway here it is! I do not believe we went to the moon. so ha!

(Villitz) #2

so…yeah… :smiley:
like i said earlier, i think its a steamy pile of BS and this pretty much explains why: http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

anybody have any good reasons as to why it supposedly never happened?

edit: Here is a really good article that explains it all with lots of examples: http://www.iangoddard.net/moon01.htm

(henrymop) #3

I belive that they actually did land on the moon. If they wanted to have stars, they would of painted them. I mean, they’re NASA afterall, they could get the best painter in the world if they wanted.

As for the lighting, yeah it looks funny. Oh, and how was neal armstrong the first man on the moon if he was video taped from the outside?

And what’s this?!!?!

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/m/moonnever.jpg

And also, I would think being “protected” by just a little bit of metal(or whatever there suit’s are made out of), is wierd. I mean, it takes, idunno, about 1,004.8 miles (1,616.74698 km) to protect life on Earth, how the heck is a few inches of some material supposed to keep the astronought from being killed of extreame radiation?

I still think they landed on the moon, I just think it’s really wierd.

Conspiricy is fun!!

(Villitz) #4

I mean, it takes, idunno, about 1,004.8 miles (1,616.74698 km) to protect life on Earth, how the heck is a few inches of some material supposed to keep the astronought from being killed of extreame radiation?

its not really the atmosphere that protects us from harmfull rays, it is the ozone layer. there really isn’t that much radiation coming from the sun(might not be any at all), the most you have to worry about is sunburn from UV rays. you could actually be exposed to vacuum and direct sunlight for a few seconds, and all you will suffer is a REALLT bad sunburn, not radiation sickness.

(daveman14) #5

lol historians have said that the days that the astronauts “went” to the moon, the Van Allen belt (protects the Earth from asteriods and the like) had recieved an enormous amount of radiation due to a solar flare…now we know that in the late 60s there is no way they could have had the technology to avert this or with there little shiny aluminum (sp) suits protect them from the radiation. I mean cmon, the technology computer wise was roughtly that of a microwave today, no exaggeration!

(henrymop) #6

I mean cmon, the technology computer wise was roughtly that of a microwave today, no exaggeration!

Speed wise, yeah, but speed is the last thing you have to worry about if your in space. Durability and realiability are the most important. And besides, they hard coded there stuff onto memory, anyway, so speed was not an issue. They weren’t playing Doom 3 in space, were they?

(SamAdam) #7

i wouldn’t bet against it!

If we are eventually going to put people, people who are my generation, who have been raised on doom 2 and 3, on craft to mars for 6 months at a time, a long game of doom would be good for passing the time.

Oh. Holy crap. think about that. Maybe doom is not the best game to put on a craft for mars. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(if you don’t notice the irony, go play the demo of any of the doom games, they are based on hell being unleashed on a mars base!)

(Gabio) #8

lol and NASA will be changed for UAC…

(BigBlend) #9

Yeah i understand all that, but thats like basic stuff for sciencetists. If they are going to make something fake they wont get anything wrong.

It´s just that the timing for the moonwalk is kinda strange. I´m not saying it didnt happend its just… They got everything right the first time. The take off, landing, filming, filming the take off that was operated from earth, and coming home safetly. Everything was perfect. They even had luck with the weather :slight_smile:

Then what. 20-30 years later they do the same thing. Like they started all over again. How many ppl died try just go out in space let alone go to the moon in that time.

I don´t know. I wasn´t even born then and I dont have any degree in science.

(ShadowDancer) #10

Every arguement in the conspiracy theory can be blown out of the water quite easily, but one technical fact of the moon landings cannot be disputed and proves that they DID land on the moon.

One of the main purposes of the moon landings was to place reflective dishes on the surface so that the orbital satalites we now use for mobile phones could bounce their signals off the moon and around to the far side of the Earth without interferance or disruption. If the moon landings did not happen then we would not have any mobile phones today.

No getting around that one, I’m afraid. :smiley:

(PassiveSmoking) #11

The moon hoax theory is a complete nonsense, simple as that. Oh, and the footage you describe as perfect is usually stitched together from footage from several missions these days. For example they tend to use footage of one of the J-series Apollo missions (15/16/17) to portray Apollo 11’s return from the moon.

There’s virtually no video footage from Apollo 12 because Alan Bean accidentally pointed the video camera at the sun soon after landing, burning it out, so things weren’t always perfect. Incidentally, when Apollo 12 splashed down, a camera mounted in the CM window broke loose, hit Alan Bean on the head and knocked him out.

He took up painting after Apollo 12.

(SamAdam) #12

again. there is absolute proof that there was a moon landing. There is a retroreflective plate there that was placed, and you can go to an observatory with a big laser, and watch it go there and bounce back.

(daveman14) #13

what makes you think they didnt send a satellite up there to drop it off? And when did we start needing these dish thingies? I mean we didnt really have cell phones until the late 1980s…

(PassiveSmoking) #14

the reflectors on the moon are there for scienctific reasons and have nothing to do with communications. They were placed there so astronomers could get the exact distance to the moon down to the nearest centimetre with a laser rangefinder.

As for how they got there, I think Soviet Russia may just have noticed if the signals weren’t really coming from the moon and would have then broadcast that fact to the entire world!

(daveman14) #15

or perhaps the US sent a satlleite with Apollo 11 and launched it out the hatch lol

(PassiveSmoking) #16

If Apollo 11 got as far as lunar orbit in order to launch a satelite then you might as well land on the moon while you’re there anyway :slight_smile:

(Gabio) #17

Come on, They are now on mars with two rover. If they didn’t landed on the moon, they sure skipped a step.
lol There was pp saying mars rover was also a conspiracy…

(PassiveSmoking) #18

There are still people who say the Earth is flat!

(henrymop) #19

True. But, I mean, come one, look at the evidence.

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/m/moonnever.jpg

Case closed.

(I still think they went to the moon.)

(Villitz) #20

Its easy to believe that there wasn’t a moon landing if you really want to, which the believers seem to really want to.

There is definite proof that we went to the moon, more proof that outweighs the dis-proof.

It´s just that the timing for the moonwalk is kinda strange. I´m not saying it didnt happend its just… They got everything right the first time. The take off, landing, filming, filming the take off that was operated from earth, and coming home safetly. Everything was perfect. They even had luck with the weather

So are you saying that they faked the weather too? :stuck_out_tongue: If you put enough planning and practice into it of course its going to go right the first time. You know how many hours they had to practice the landing every day? i would be surprised if something actually went wrong.