Don’t it ever happen to you that you have a good idea for a 3D project, start with it and in the middle of the road you just lost motivation? I’m tired of that, that’s why I’m asking if there is people here willing to work in a small team to finish an animation idea.
The think goes like this:
- We peek a general plot… perhaps a short joke.
- Then someone skilled on 2D develop the concep for the characters and scenary.
- After we agree on the concep, the 2D guy start working on the staging (you know, the small tumbnails describing each scene, I just forgot the name), while the 3D guy(s) start modeling the characters and props.
- The 2D guy(s) submit the sketches for aproval, the 3D guy(s) finish the modling and rigging.
- The 2D guy(s) start texturing, the 3D guy(s) start animating
… lighting and rendering (Yafray?) … sound editing…
We end with a small animation (no longer than 90 or 120 seconds) to show in festivals and the next conference… everyone learns, everyone keeps motivated. If the end-product is good enought, we may even help Blender gain popularity.
Of course I’m talking about a proyect to be done in our free time and with little time-pressure… it is about having fun a making something as a group that you couldn’t achieve as an individual alone.
Anyone interested on such project?
This project is really atracting a lot of attention and collaborators… so now we have a web-site devoted to The Muffin Project . http://cardiffhigh.cardiff.sch.uk/~daniel.cook/muffin.html (thanks L13 ).
There is also an almost-official page at http://www.freewebz.com/apollux/. This page host the story board, character design sketches, the finished and wip .blends of the project.
All disscusions about the project are keept here on elYsiun and some times on IRC.
The Muffin Project is back in the race!!!
Please visit the new project page at: http://aberdeenjetman.co.uk/muffin/veiw.php
(thanks to scotland for the hosting)