The music thread

Dude these are really good bands . . .

Most anything really. No rap, no country.

If you like mellow, try “Ten Dead Dogs” by Wild Sweet Orange. It’s got a cool sound. I love those guys…

My Favorites:

• Muse :smiley:
  • Nightwish
  • Evenesence
  • Micheal JacksonAnd pretty much anything else other than country, rap or jazz.

oo, i do like muse, they have some really good bass parts(which is what i play =])

???

have you actually heard high contrast? or wu-tang? You can’t go wrong with a bit of hip hop or drum n bass mate. I did the whole metal thing at college. Still can’t quite give it up though :evilgrin:

looking forward to seeing that list…

Linkin Park

Green day

Simple plan

Eminem

The offspring

and lately,

Plain white T’s

Sean Paul

Muse…
Those vocals… why does he have to do that melodramatic gasp between each songline?
ugh!
Anyway, no point in arguing about taste…

Here’s a vote for some departed greats…
Zappa, Hendrix, Stravinsky, Eric Dolphy, Roland Kirk, Mr Bungle.
And, from the living:
Tom Waits, Ween (a bit dull of late, but great in the day), Helge Schneider, Captain Beefheart, Fantomas…

hey , my favorites are all the HIP HOP artist , and also teh R N B artists , i hate metal and trash and all thsoe punk rock type musics.

yea im pretty sure they could ditch the singer and replace him with a lead guitar(one that plays up very high) and nobody would notice…or people would like it more XD

Music connects…
(old but one of the best) :smiley:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4353/metalfanzo7.jpg

I have a peculiar taste in music.

My spectrum, from easy listening, through video-game music into death metal.

EDIT: You should give the video-game song a listen if nothing else. It’s the original Reala theme from NiGHTS: Into Dreams, which had some of the greatest music I’ve ever heard. Angry Grunge Disco Jazz, baby.

Wow, I need to start checking out all these types of metal I didn’t even know existed…

You could do that…except the singer also writes most of the songs, plays piano and guitar.

Not only does he play guitar, he’s damn good at it as well.

@dan_hin: Ha, relax man, I wasn’t saying that every band mentioned was metal :slight_smile: Just that like 98% of them were. I’m totally with you, hip hop and r&b are great. Honestly, 90% of metal just doesn’t do it for me.

I listen to basically everything, so I’m not gonna bother with bands. I like pop-rock/punk/alt, straight pop, a little emo/hardcore, rap, hip hop, r&b, blues, power blues, jazz, techno and electronica, house, lounge, funk rock, 90’s, etc etc. Ha, sorry dan_hin, I’m too lazy for a list right now :o

My latest find is Shwayze, very chill stuff( beachy acoustic guitar and hip hop beats, kinda coastal pothead material, but I like it anyway).

but it seems like he is either playing guitar, or singing, never both at the same time
he should play more

and yea he is a really good writer =o the stuff is really simple, yet it sounds amazing

Well, I like John Mayer (Clarity -I like this song)

And yes, I told you so!

Heck yeah bro, big John Mayer fan! Check out The John Mayer Trio “Who did you think I was?” sometime, really energetic power blues.

on a side note, Uuiu is SOOO obvious now.

LOL! That’s awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like just about everything except modern rap and pop.

Here are some of my favorites:
-1200 Micrograms
-Astral Projection
-Cypress Hill
-Disturbed
-Deftones
-Gorillaz
-Infected Mushroom
-Papa Roach
-Slightly Stoopid
-Sublime
-Static X

And there’s a lot more where that came from but i’ll spare you the whole list. :wink: