The new XBOX is a PC?

I am a PC gamer. I love PC gaming. There are a lot of us diehards out there. I like to sit in front of my two big monitors, and play with my mouse and keyboard. Consoles will never have this.

If you prefer to sit on your couch ten feet away from your game, and hold a controller in your hands…then heck ya, more love to ya. But PC gaming isn’t hasn’t and won’t die out. It’s been on a steady incline since Steam started picking up…well…steam.

I only say this because the OP was sounding like modders or devs might see no reason to develop for PC…

people have been saying pc is dying out for years but its never gonna happen.

the reason to stick with computers is simple. phones are crap and sticks are clumsy.
but looking around with a mouse and myriad shortcuts on a keyboard? hell yeah. thats a whole new level of control. which is a big part of the appeal of video games, way i see it.

that said i do like controllers, theyre fun. and pc means i get to plug in a snes pad. its a win-win.

@justwannapost In my comment I was referring more to architecture and design than how operating systems will work, I said that with the immense opening of data highways (PCIe 4 & 5) and the API unification of the cpu, gpu, fpga and else (intel is working on this), the paradigm will change radically.

Then, if we want to make a speech on piracy and opensource etc …
it must be said that in my opinion, technology and above all the speed that derives from the functioning of technology in all human activities, at almost zero cost, has matured to such an extent that it is inevitable that it will emerge better and more convenient new system of relationship between human beings, I want to make it clear, that more and more we will all realize that we will live better to share and collaborate rather than compete with each other, and when this awareness, as is already happening, will have reached a critical mass of awareness, nobody will want to go back.

1 Like

I am currently considering whether it can be hacked with linux. Then that would be an incredibly cheap good 3d (blender) machine. And, of course, would take microsoft’s younger support for open source projects to a whole new level. :innocent:

You’re a Good Man!

1 Like

I hope that day comes, amon, I do hope so!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes