The 'Only Render' checkbox

As I was looking at what is and isn’t available for moving projects to 2.8 (though I’m still not likely to move until we switch from proxies to overrides as I don’t see much point in migrating projects twice) I noticed that I simply cannot find this anywhere.

Is this feature gone?
And no, I’m not talking about the ‘hide overlays’ functionality, I’m referring to the ability to hide objects that are set to have their render visibility off. I use this for animations both to save render/render-build time and to switch or make objects vanish, it’s necessary to preview so if someone can find it, that would be helpful.
(In 2.79, this is in the 3d view, N panel, ‘Display’ section, checkbox “Only Render”)

Hi.
I think you should ask this in developers forum:

I don’t know if there is a similar 2.79 feature to “Only Render” in N panel > Display in 2.8 when Render Visibility is disabled for certain objects from Outliner or Particles > Render > Emmiter off, for example.

Yeah, I was going to post there in a bit, just making sure I hadn’t missed something obvious first.

Posted it to the devtalk forums, no luck.

Does anyone have an alternate workflow that does work in 2.8+ for turning objects rendering on and off and allows previewing?

I just learned about the “Only Render” checkbox from an old tutorial and I’d really like to know how I can achieve the same thing in 2.8+.

I found this one answer but it’s not quite the same thing as the “Only Render” checkbox.

Any ideas?