The Pennsylvaniasarus (PRR T1)

Spent some time redoing a bunch of textures to make everything hunky dory. The roughness on the cab is broken in this image, but i’ve since fixed it. Other than that, unless someone has any objections, i’m willing to call it done

Looks great!

Been working away on making props for a scene. Nothing too complicated, just some tracks in rural pennsylvaniaish circa '46ish. Never done trees or brush before so we’ll see how that goes

Also started on the later sheet metal for the big render. Always liked those passing in the night type paintings they did. Figured it’d be kinda crap to have two identical models passing each other.

Amazing detail. You have more patience than I, Sir! :eek:

Alright, last post before the new thread in finished projects once the big render and reel is done

Hit view image for the full thing.

Texture on the newer version needs a little more work, and i forgot to apply the levels on the height map so the coach bolt dents are so deep it comes full circle and shades as if it’s extruded outwards, but the model itself is finished. Although the drop coupler rigging isn’t rendering on it for some reason, it’s still there.

I think it looks rather swell. Real practical and bulky look

https://puu.sh/z40w7/f01c2b720c.gif

Rendering is hard, and maya doesn’t help.

Rendering in maya was the worst decision i’ve ever made in my entire life. And i mean that literally and without embellishment.

But it’s all done now. About a minute of finished shots, plus breakdowns etc. Plus some promo renders for the T1 trust. I’ll post it in “Finished Works” when my reel’s done, which is now just hinging on Stubby Bob.

So how did you texture this? Substance painter/designer? Did you use the particle paint thingy?

Strictly substance painter. My texturing isn’t the best, but it does the job. I’m sure someone else could make it look far better.

Really impressive. It is like I can feel the weight of the train just by looking at the renderings.