The Perfect BGE Game

@blenderaptor

Why do people keep replying to the person above them (?)

Your the 4-6 person this week.

P.S My next post won’t be so random.

@Josip_Kladaric

Ok new idea.

Do you know games that have the theme ESCAPE THE ROOM (?)

[ PROS ]

• It’s 3D
  • Since it’s always in a room. Collisions & Models are in favor of Blender
  • We can make the story as we go along.
  • We can have as many rooms(levels) as we want.

Sounds easy to make but do you actually like those games?
I don’t.
What are your favorite games you ever played and why?

@Josip_Kladaric

I do enjoy these games.
As you never know what comes next.

Also my other favorite games are FPS based games that have PRO_CHAMPIONSHIPS ( boasting yes ) :wink:

Give me a few names and why you like them, I like to be exposed to new stuff.

@Josip_Kladaric

Mobile’s (The Room) series.

Made with Unity :wink:

And those fps games?

@Josip_Kladaric

I mainly play (AssaultCube)

I have also tried Cube 1 & 2

(Red Eclipse)

Old-Style Shooters :arrow_up:

I’ll check them out.

1 Like

i started a game where if you walk on the wrong floor that has a health pack on it you fall.
if you walk on some other floor that has a health pack on it you do not fall.
the health packs increase health of coarse.
is that a good start?
one time I made walls that the player could push against and they would move.

good start. I’ve also idea of game for Josip

You start with a window open, you can throw cakes on a wall then a cat barks on the dog. If the dog responds to the cat OR if the wall is yellow (random selection when game launch) then you lose. For inventory, i suggest : an helicopter, a fish (for energy bar) and 2,3 different cakes. Having an helicopter is good way to win the game.

Any more ideas for the inventory ? I’m not sure how to make a good GUI for the inventory, maybe directly in the game menu ?

2 Likes

game idea
collect as many fruit on the ground as you can.without getting hit by falling fruit.the falling fruit
would just appear and fall on you if you pick the wrong fruit to pickup.
these could be combined in one videogame.

I like this one, also easy to integrate with YoFrankie characters

when are you going to start?

I wont, I’m working on a series of games that are not related to this.
This is just a test to see the state of our community. I was away for a long time and wanted to see if things have changed. They have, but not for the better.

1 Like

wonderful summary. :+1:

2 Likes

I like roguelike arcade shooters like Binding of Isaac
and Monolith (Lately).

• Its easy to get into and out for even a few minutes if you’re mostly busy during the day.
  • There isn’t that much content needed when everything is randomized, you can get hundreds of weapon combinations, it makes each play feel quite fresh.
  • Monolith is retro 8bit stylized, which reminds me of amiga games and makes me feel warm and nostalgic inside. But I think that theme wouldn’t matter that much. Honestly, I could probably play as a cube and shoot Susane’s heads if the gameplay is fun…
  • In Monolith you are a small spaceship exploring ancient temple, fighting ghosts and demon-robots. Your companion and a shopkeeper is a bouncing cat who randomly redecorates game’s main hub area with garbage he finds in the dungeon. I really like this kind of absurd sense of humor especially since, I bet that the spaceship ‘character’ was a placeholder in what was probably initially going to be more ‘sane’ fantasy themed game but at some point they were just like ‘…what do you mean the deadline is next week?! Ah fu!k it, the spaceship stays!’. I can appreciate that…

I am not sure where I was going with this… sorry, anyway, standing out as ‘this pretty game’ or this AAA FPS with realistic physics, or a game with exceptionally well crafted, film like plot or whatnot would require team of professionals and bags of money. I’d say it is probably best to keep it small, original, and most of all FUN.

2 Likes

:arrow_up:

@Josip_Kladaric

This is the solution (?) :thinking:

Or you just like it (?) :thinking:

Best solution so far :grinning:

@Josip_Kladaric

Lol.

Ok.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: