The Power Within.

HELLO EVERYONE,DID THIS TODAY.i WAS TRYING TO MAKE A COOL PARTICLE EFFECT AS IF THE SOUL HAD RISEN AND PRODUCED ENORMUS MOUNTS OF ENERGY WHICH GLOWED AND SHOWED.WELL I USED THE PARTICLE SYSTEMS FOR THIS.WASNT REALLY SATIFIED ON HOW IT CAME OUT BUT ANYWAYZ HERE:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9805/thepowerwithinte9.jpg

c&c WELCOME AND UPDATES WILL BE UP SOON!

interesting, i dont like te character too much, but the particle effects look pretty nice!
Good work
peace
Drew

thanks man!
More C&C please!

Well, the particles are great, but the body is pretty bland. There isnt much to see, iy could use some material work.

WELL I THINK YOU KNOW THAT FIRST YOU NEED TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK AND ADD PUNCTUATION OR ELSE IT WILL KEEP ON GETTING MORE AND MORE CONFUSING YOU KNOW AND HARDER AND HARDER TO READ AND IT ALSO MAKES YOU LOOK SILLY AND STUFF YOU KNOW.

Anyway, the character’s kind of bland and not very anatomically correct. The particle effect is interesting but it suffers from the vector shader thing which makes it look cut-off and stilted. Any post-pro work at all would’ve helped.

oo, ouch…

ok thank you very much.More C & C would be appreciated.

You know, trak, you put this in the finished projects forum. Usually people who want critiques use the work in progress or the focused critique forums. I’d hate to see you follow the Cyborg “I found a new button and it’s really cool” Dragon route.

lol.Yet you seem to make fun of me again.In the posts you post in my threads.all of the ones you post seem to have a negative feeling towards me.What is your grudge against me?

ORINICO:True, but if you finish something, and people have crits, then thats fine. I mean, he isnt starting from scratch, its obviously pretty much finished in his eyes.

That’s true, but

Someone who wants comments and critiques that much for a soon to be posted updated image doesn’t give the impression of someone who has finished a project.

trac, I’m just giving you advice, which, by the way, you asked for. You are the one who a) thinks it’s making fun of you and b) is offered in a negative light. [Maybe if you took some of the advice from time to time… Oh dear, there I go, being negative again. :o ]

I don’t have a grudge or anything against you. It’s just that one, you typed in all-caps, which always bugs me. Two, you did ASK for C&C, like, a lot. (Why you did, exactly, is beyond me, this is the ‘finished’ forum) And three, check out some of the quality of the work on these forums. While I am in no way trying to demean your picture, you’ll have to admit it does need a bit of work.

but did you notice that critisicm does not have to be negative.It can have a posiitive feeling towards it which free_ality has shown.Yet your comments and remarks seem to be opposite of his.
ok

You asked for C&C man. that would be comments & critiques. People dont always love your work, i dont get offended when someone says they dont really like some update to my thread do I? No, not everyone will love everything, and thats something any artist has to deal with.
Negative is just perspective man, in another mindset, its quite constructive
Peace
Drew

Did YOU notice we are not exactly here to take tender care of your easily bruised ego? Get over yourself, trak.

…Ohhhh. Oh man. Ohhh. XD This is funny. I admit I was being a little sarcastic, and I apologize, but man, check out this post for a fine example of constructive criticism(link)

May I quote, verbatim: “trak wrecka::eek: dont mean to be rude or anything.But she is not even close to beautiful.She is ugly:eek: !”

There you have it, folks, positive feedback at its finest. Now we have this shining example of constructive criticism from the mouth of our protester himself, I feel it is only my duty to indulge him with the same.

The idea itself is not entirely bad, though a little ambiguous. Nice effect idea and with a little better execution it could have worked quite well. A mistake though was using the vector effect, the lines… just kinda of don’t cut it. See how abrupt the edges are? If you’d done this on a separate layer, then blurred it in post-pro and added more of a glow, and THEN screened it back on top, it would kill all those rough edges and would really help with the over-all effect.

The spiral was good, I think it was curve guides, though it MIGHT have been force field vortex, either way, it was a decent use of tools and I will applaud you for that, at least.

Now on to the body. Sticking to the original, gray, slightly glossy ‘default’ texture was definitely a mistake. Never use that texture in a final image unless your entire picture is going to be gray scale. It looks kind of like you used a Normals ramp shader, but all-in-all, your texture would’ve benefited–even if you wanted to just stick to a plain texture, I understand, a lot of people do minimalist stuff–from a little more. It would’ve been better off to have been lit by the particle effect to make it more coherent and less out-of-place.

The model itself has a lot of rough edges, it looks, in places, contrastingly stiff or rubbery. On the whole, it would benefit from more tapered curves and smooth edges–if you were going for minimalism–and slightly more defined contours of the body and head.

If the sunglasses were meant to be the focal point of the other-wise plain character (good contrast, I’ll give you that), then they probably should have had a little more time thrown at them. Even to give them a thickness. The texture would’ve been better to be more glossy and reflective of the surrounding lights. If raymir doesn’t work because they’re halos, try a baked envmap or just specular highlights from grouped lights.

One last thing, the stuff behind his head looks a little funny, if it’s hair, I suggest you at least keep it the same colour scheme as the body, the monotone and such-like.

And I’m done.

Lots of nice, detailed, and thoroughly informative and constructive criticism for you to apply to your picture if you choose. If you don’t think you would like to follow what I said, that’s perfectly alright because “She is ugly:eek: !” just makes it all worthwhile in its incredibly hilarious callousness and complete LACK of anything positive.

Anyway. I hope I helped. And next time you have something that you ask constructive criticism for–just as a friendly hint here, I add–It should probably go in the ‘criticism’ forum.

.Thanks for the positive feedback.I was mad at that time and that is why i made a stupid comment.And im sorry.Look from now on as long as Orinoco does not post negative comments about me.But instead if he posts positive comments.Everything will go smoothly.I apologize to everyone including for orinoco for my nonsense.And i hope everything is ok now.

trak wrecka, dont take anything anyone says on these forums to seriously. the only person whos affected by ‘negative’ comments is the person who chooses to be offended.

thank you free-ality.You have been the most help tiill now.and truely i thank you.

I recommend using some motion blur to smooth those particles. Also, read up about composition, preferrably from some traditional sources (i.e. about photography and art).

The man is somewhat asymmetrical, if you are modelling something symmetrical, use the mirror modifier, it makes things a lot easier.

Look from now on as long as Orinoco does not post negative comments about me.But instead if he posts positive comments.Everything will go smoothly.

Don’t ask for critiques unless you want them.

As a side note, this should be in finished projects if you don’t plan on really making any big changes (maybe some post pro, but not much more).