the rain is gone...

umm… he hasn’t replied, is he trying to tell us something?

If he is still alive, excellent pic, I dream of being able to work like you, this is inspiration.

Am I blind, or she just cut her veins?
This picture is extremely “moving”…
who is represented by the the robo-creature?

Yeonil

Damn… Exsactly the image and composition that haunted me for years. But done 10^6 times better than it was in my imagination. 20 out of 10 for that from me.

Great work as always @ndy, could you post the process you used to make the hair please, I would really like to know.

Mystery

Outstanding! Great work. The best I have seen in Blender.

I bareley noticed the wrists. Same with the tall building in the backgrond. Probably because my computer screen is too small.

Oh my god!

My heart skipped two beats when I saw this image. :o
I am not kidding. Nothing usually “pushes” me in such a emotive way
but this surely did.

You’ve outdone yourself both artistically and visually.
This should go on www.cgtalk.com if not there already.

Amazingly well done.

Just don’t do it to yourself, @ndy, no matter how personal this image is! We need you!

What is the significance of the creature?

a render of the little bot:

http://www.artificial3d.com/images/rain_bot.jpg

it somehow managed to rip away all unnecessary parts and made improvements on itself in order to survive in the streets…
a survivor, eh?

http://www.artificial3d.com/images/rain_detail1.jpg

spent only 1 hour on it since it’s only a small part of the final image.

.andy

Outstanding! This is, in my opinion, the best render I’ve seen from you. The pose, the materials, the post-processing, and evn the little robot, it all blends into a work of art!

And I can feel her depression…and I hope that chapter in your life has ended!

ill think this is a fantastic image. i realy love it

Outstanding mood!

After some effort to find something to critisize I think that the back end of the t-shirt is to smooth to the body and that the bending at the knee and calves? looks too thick.

Again: Outstanding mood! Too bad it puts you in a sad mood, but it touches you in the right spot…

//styken

Making an image to get depressing thing of your life sorted is a very nice way, worked for me in the past, and I Hope it will do so for you. Depression is by far the most dangerous disease there is within mankind…getting out of such a thing just show how strong someone is…and putting so much work into a piece of work like you did just proves your strongness.

Keep it up @ndy, this one piece is probably your best imo.

:o
@ndy, great image- I’m sorry you feel (felt?) down, but you got at least a nice pic out of it. And perhaps the cute “thing” in front of the girl lends some kind of hope and even comic relief to the image.
I don’t know how much is post and how much is modelling, but the arms and feet of the girl are outstanding. If it’s all/mostly modelled I’m impressed :slight_smile: heck, I’m impressed anyway- as usual.
personall I would’ve liked more detail in the background, but perhaps that wouldv’e ruined the mood.
Bassam

[Edit] may I add a “teeheehee” to my post? I may.

MAN, that girl cuts her hand with a knife!
why?
that was a mistake!
I hope she don’t die!

:o :o :o

U

R

FAST!

(And such a wounderfull model!)

Do you have sketches of it?

Amazing work, Andy. Wonderful and realistic pose-- the weight of the arms is perfect. Great texturing, great lighting. I agree that this is one of the best renders I’ve seen from Blender.

Real life inspires great art. Hope things are ok with you.

–Colin

Incrediable piece man. Very very moving. To pull off the kind of emotional response seen in this render is a very tough challenge indeed. And you did a wonderful job at pulling it off.

5 stars in my book.

Beautiful piece, even the title is well chosen. It is also a piece expressing a great sadness.

Evyone goes thru depression[s], hope your’s isn’t as serious!

@ndy…Im incredibly jealous of your skills.
superb image! Ive had to look at this a few times…I think its superb work.

Its a shame you feel down…but there are always good times and bad times. I know what its like to be right at the bottom…but when you get back to the top…things will feel perfect :slight_smile: