The rules of the neighborhood in which you live

Fortunately no rules here. Generally the cost of the property determines the general atmosphere of the neighborhood. The higher the price, the less likely it is that people will put tin shacks on the property. In my area the average price of a 3 or 4 bedroom house is about 180 - 200 grand in $. Its a nice family neighborhood where kids play outside and there’s enough open space - I’m claustrophobic.
In more expensive areas with sea/mountain views, it starts at about 700 and up - way up 15milion and more.
The building in my avatar consists of four 3bedroom units with not too much views and small garden areas. Each unit sold for 1.2mil$ and you better have good security systems installed.

The higher the price, the less likely it is that people will put tin shacks on the property
Is there anything wrong with tin shacks? Have you ever lived in one?
Do you prevent tin shacks? :frowning: (I don’t even recall using a frowny before…)

Maybe it should be seen in context. In my country there are a huge amount of squaters. They live in shacks, usually ‘tin shacks’. In poverty stricken areas, there are mainly tin shacks, and serious crime.
I have never lived in one, but know many people who do.

He was screwing with you. :stuck_out_tongue: Tin shacks are viewed that way pretty much universally.

@Waffler : hey, the town you describe (your town, actually) makes me think of Missing Mile, North Carolina (see Poppy Z Brite’s LOST SOULS).
(actually not a real town, but looks like, as far as I know, Chapel Hill and Duncan, NC)

Aah… cool:cool: