The Seasons

Oh yeah, that’s an issue. Two scenarios:
One: the planar grass blades are all facing the camera “properly” that is so we can actually see them. The problem will be a) all the grass is in one orientation and won’t look right, but it will be full-ish. b) if you switch camera angles 90 degress you have NO grass, it’s like looking at a plane in ortho – it disappears. And it doesn’t look right.
Two: the grass blades are facing random directions in which case many of the blades will be nearly invisible, and you will have a hard time getting them “full” and lush. You compensate by adding an incredible number of particles and children, but it never looks right.
So yeah, long story short grass is thin, but it has depth. I’ll be really interested in seeing you’re next render. And btw you should use LESS children (and particles) with the solidified blades. I’ll take a look in the morning. good luck.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102994558757338447962/4Seasons#5839444929220052722

Well here it is. This is with all the grass having a solidify modifier. Same particles same children. I am working on the tree and leaves. Adding more branches and limbs to remove the sparsness of leaves in certain areas. I figured out why I had floating leaves…the way I had the object origins in my leaves…hopefully I have that fixed now…

Well, to my eye I like the solidified look better. Maybe try the same thing with the leaves, they have a planar feel to them. Really nice!

I will try that thanks for the tip!