The shadows lengthen - horror game

Great stuff buddy im super excited to see more progress updates going forward :smiley::+1:
:slightly_smiling_face:
Fred/K.S

1 Like

Thanks Man! I’ll be doing my best to post breadcrumbs along the journey 0____0

1 Like

do you have any video yet ?

1 Like

Hi Blender Raptor-- Yes I do have video footage of the game.

• This is some very early footage and the game has evolved quite a bit from here. But still, it is some compelling video I hope :slight_smile:
2 Likes

cool ! People think that artistic work on a game is the easiest. Actually it’s the biggest part of work

2 Likes

Yeah. Tell me about it. Indie Gamedev is basically agreeing to kick your own ass for like 4 years. Using BGE is agreeing to do it on “hard mode”.

I will say though, I have received a lot of support from Patreon, Developers and Friends. BGE may not have all the bells and whistles but the ethics of using this tool feels like the right choice.

Thanks for the Love Blenderaptor!
0,__,0

1 Like

We have game environment!

This is the Blender Game Engine running an open world seamlessly at 60 FPS.
On a Nvidia 1080 – individual results may vary based on user’s PC specs.

2 Likes

The graphics are nice, but the camera walk animation makes it seem like we are on a boat lol

1 Like

hehe yeah I have received a lot of feedback about a “turok” like movement cycle, and that I should tone it down. Doing that 0,…,0

2 Likes

Some game footage! This shows the monster appearing at a spawn point within the open world environment!

2 Likes

This is some character animation I posted on social media today. Iam able to do this thanks to the wonderful artists who support me in patreon!

3 Likes

More progress!

7 Likes

Pretty cool vampire and the animation is also very nice, i am also working on a game start 5 years ago and i am doing everything all alone but soon i will finally have some gameplay video probably around Christmas.

I am using UE4 as my game engine and i am very happy with it. I start the project in unity and after 2 years i switch to UE4 and that was a very wise choice in my case. I even compose my own music score.

Making a game is probably the most difficult thing one can do alone since the amount of work is staggering but with perseverance anything is possible.

I wish you the best of success with your project :wink:

1 Like

WOOOAHHHHH Thats DEEEP wooow :scream:

This is an AAA Game for blender man this is incredible work man i love the nature of this Game , @Thomas_Murphy Keep up the fantastic work this is really going to be a great Game man nice work!

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

Thanks! Fred! I just submitted a blender Talk on the Project for Blender Con 2019. I am adhering to your creative advice about using bright colors!

1 Like

Thanks Polynut! I really appreciate hearing about another game creator’s struggles to make a game themselves. Do you have a place where I can read more about you game project?!

Hi Thomas,

Funny you are asking me about my game since i am currently making the website and as soon as it is online i will provide a link.

I will keep an eye on your game since it seem like a game i would enjoy.

1 Like

Ok sounds great! I can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

Just adding some more progress to the game!blenderblender

4 Likes

Its great to see a blender in blender

4 Likes