The State of the Forum

Hi Goofster, glad to hear some updates to blenderartists’s forums, just a question, what difference will the paid and unpaid membership groups have?

Hey,

I’m still thinking about the features of paid memberships. the one thing I do know is that none of the CURRENT features will disappear for unpaid members.

yeah u rock dewd (in response to first post)

Hello,
and first, nice forum. I got fast reply on my first post.
So, I’m interested in a way, how one can bypass the spam-flagging. I mean everytime I want to show a link to a .blend-file the reply needs to be checked by an admin. In fact my reply from sunday didn’t appears till now. So may I only use specific filesharing-sites or PMs, or is there another trick someone can share?

You can attach your .blends with the paperclip icon

Thx, I overlooked the .blend in the permitted-files list.

I have been trying to post for 2 days now. Shouldn’t there be a policy for when your post is blocked you get an e-mail or message explaining the reason why? Is there someone to directly e-mail or something to do in order to get your post restored? Who do I talk to?

Forget the above post I found out what my problem was. User error :slight_smile:

Okay, when I first came across this site, I was like, OMG, cool, another blender based site (I shall keep my reasons for leaving the other site to myself), but when I tried the usual methods to register, they didn’t work. The way it usually works is when you click log in and it says “Error: incorrect username and/or password” or something to that effect, it will say something about registering below that. I ended up having to go up to the URL and type in register in the right spots before is started working, and even then, I came in at the end of the registering process, and so I changed it a little and viola! I got registered! Now, it would be alot easier if there was a register link when you try to log in and it fails for some reason. It would also save me the finger ache of typing as fast as I do, as well as you the time wasted of reading this overly-long post ^.^ hopefully some constructive criticism, I mean no offense, seriously.

The only thing that really bugs me about this forum is the fact that I can not do attachments in the python forum. This is probably due to where it is placed in the General forums rather than support (I don’t know). But often I would like to post an image or blend (with a script in it) to illustrate a point or offer a solution. But this is not possible for some reason.

Hey moderators, is there any way I can convince you I am not a spammer… I had one really nice long start of a WIP thread get lost (I suppose in the wordfilter…) and I would appreciate it being posted. Really, I’ve been here for only a few days, but about half of my posts go nowhere. Before you give me the general troubleshoot, no, I had no links, I used the website’s internal attachment feature for one picture. The post was very lengthy, so I can only assume the site found a word it didn’t like. I’d like to take this chance to say that if a spam filter drives off the community AND spammers, it has not accomplished its purpose. Either give us a list of the blocked words (inb4 spammers would read them too,) or take away the wordfilter and replace it with a captcha system for every post or new thread. And if this long, constructive post gets lost too, I’m out of here for sure.

Whaddaya know, I made it in… now I would like to have my thread back please, I believe it is resting as I left it in someone’s inbox :wink:

I have a problem here.
All threads except this support area show