The Tiny Spaceship Thread

I heard that imitation is the best flattery so I created a thread name similar to JDaniel’s “The Giant Spaceship Thread.” If this is a problem, tell me and I will change it, but hopefully I get some more views because of the name. I’m so jealous of you JDaniel.

Anyway, I have decided to start my siege cruiser spaceship again. I have probably spent over 100 hours doing this. I consider this to be a serious project even though I let it sit out of frustration. I also wanted to post here because of the caliber of the artists that post in this subforum.

I’m using concept art from Karanak. You can find his work here:

I have some renders of the modelling process I have already done. Each render is roughly one days work.

Edit: For some reason the layers on Gimp got mixed around and I had to remake the attached images so they correspond to the correct days.

Attachments

He may not sue you over the thread name…:slight_smile: Looking good.

Interesting tid-bit about TGST’s name…it was originally “Spaceship WIP” or something like that, back when it was really small and only about one spaceship. One day, when it had reached something like 300+ posts and was about 3 or 4 spaceships, I realized it had become giant! So I renamed it. =)

As for the ship, it’s a good start. Perhaps some more greebles? But I love greebles a little too much so you don’t have to listen to me. =D

Dan

It was bound to happen sooner or later.
But if Dan was going to kick anyone’s butt about ripping off his name, he would have gotten me first because of my “Bastard Son Of Giant Spaceship Thread.” And I’m sure that he’ll be perfectly happy with me, as soon as that check clears…

The ship looks very cool. I like how it reminds me of a cross between an Imperial StarDestroyer and the SDF1. It has a very cool shape, even somehow subliminally swordlike. Keep up the good work. I’m a little jealous of that shape!

I have decided to start my siege cruiser spaceship again. I have probably spent over 100 hours doing this