The Trip

Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting here! :stuck_out_tongue:
Here is a project that I made for fun. I got inspiration from Beeple and tried to make my own piece.
It was made with blender 2.79 and rendered at 256 samples + denoiser + photoshop (color and background) I modeled everything except the human and the van. Textures are all made by myself. (learned a lot about nodes :smiley: ) Hope you´ll like it!

and here is my reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5YOhcAof8I

Final Image:

Process:
net-gifmaker%20(1)

52 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

My first impression was a hippies trip to Mars! Really cool work.

2 Likes

Nice man! Did you mean Beeple_crap by the way, that dude has such a cool feed in Instagram. WOnder how he does this, everyday he posts these stunning scenes?!?!?

1 Like

Thanks Bart! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes that one! I think nobody knows how he can do that, its insane!

1 Like

It has a cool pop-art feel to it.

Next time though, try to hone your modeling skills a bit and model every element in the scene.

1 Like

Also his statement of doing this for years blows me away. Think about it… his IG says “12 years of everydays”… dang!!!

I just cant believe this guy has really been pumping out images each and every day for the last 12 years. Even if they were simple it is so much dedication. But if you look at the complexity this guy throws in, its insane. Than imagen he’s married and has kids. How the hell can you make such images each day, live a family life and do these images of stunning quality. I guess most of his images would take me days to accomplish. Yet he does it in a day and properly just a couple hours. Properly really fast…

But dang, this dude is weird man hahaha but i wasnt really stunned by that i guess. Stunning artist!

Super bizat he talks in that read that some really take minutes, i can believe thats even possible. Thats like impossible if i think about it.

1 Like

You’ve done a very great job!

1 Like

nice job. may i ask how did ypu make the water?

1 Like

here is the node set up

1 Like

yes! I focused more on composition and lighting for this scene, but for the next one Im going to model everything!

Nice work, looking forward to more.

1 Like

I believe in an interview he said that he uses other’s models to quicken the process. so it’s not entirely impossible. in fact, it’s really possible if all the models needed is provided beforehand. of course it’s still amazing how he does it every day and make it a trend in 3D cg world. and surely he doesn’t always depending on somebody else’s models.

here’s the interview if you want to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9s-6Jgxxk
and I apologize to the op for the off topic reply.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out. I also read an article last week and saw some vids I believe. He was showcasing some new hp z system which comes with a 3d scanner. He made some super cool scenes scanning some random clown puppet

1 Like

Just watched first 20min Oreo, this dude is so hilarious!!! I’ve noticed before he swears more than he talks normal;)

First thought why is he on thefutur, but now I’m glad he is. It’s a long video and the questions they ask are kinda relates to design in general. I’m not always find of how thefutur says things need to be done. They got some weird method of pricing item for instance, but that’s something else.

Thanks again for the cool link

1 Like