The Troll for Animated Short

I found an animation I had made years ago with Deluxe Paint on an Amiga computer. You can se it here- http://www.vimeo.com/709167

I decided to remake this in Blender and of course expand on the concept a bit. Anyhoo, here are some WIP pix, and C&C are welcome…

Attachments

Cool character. He translated to 3D well. Amazing to think you retained an animation for 14 years on some old HHD.

So is the ideal that he just randomly eats stuff?

Thanks. 14 years…wow, tough for me to think about that, man I’m gettin old!

Uhmm…yeah, that’s the idea…I had lost another little section of the animation when he goes into the kitchen and eats a cup of coffee. I couldn’t salvage that one. Groundbreaking it is not, but I could get some laughs out of certain situations…:yes:

wow this is great!

Don’t feel bad man. I have a 286 with optional 128 KB ram sitting in my garage. The keyboard weighs more than any laptop sold today. Great, now I feel old.

Awesome animation. I agree that your character translates to 3d well, good job. I’m buying a couple of commodore 64’s off a guy this week, so I understand :slight_smile:

Thanks fellas!
DichotomyMatt: If you have a 286 in your garage, well…it’s more than feeling :slight_smile:

Here is a turntable shot http://www.vimeo.com/738184

I’m really pleased that with some tweaking I rendered this shot in the 2.45.15 with AAO and SSS at 9.92 sec/frame! The original pictures above took about a minute and a half in 2.45 with AO and sss.

Added some bones, I still need to fix up the weights some more, but I’m pretty pleased so far.

Attachments

u kids don’t know nuthin about being old. Good save, JetBoy!

The funny thing is, this character is as old or older than some people on this forum…:eek:

I just relized this guy looks like the love child of Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc. LOL.
You know with him being 14 yoa, you should make a clip of him at a computer using Blender, have him get frustrated trying to find the set smooth button, and then just eat the computer. I am sure at least half of the guys on the forum could relate to the age and frustration.

Really nice. As said before it translated well to 3D. This is one of those creature I like to see in a small “logo-animation”. You know, like pixar’s lamp coming on and stomping the i into the ground.

very well done i hope too see more soon

Thanks. 14 years…wow, tough for me to think about that, man I’m gettin old!

DUDE!! youve had that animation for longer than ive been alive!!!
ermm…anyway. looks nice, and im definately going to watch the finished product! :smiley:

Very, very nice! Looks like a very clean poly flow and rigging looks good. I can’t wait to see how this turns out. Are you using the new AAO from the SVN? (If not, I would check it out, 'tis awesome for animations;))

Yep! That would be cool, I’ll have to put that in the script I’m writing :slight_smile:

DUDE!! youve had that animation for longer than ive been alive!!!
ermm…anyway. looks nice, and im definately going to watch the finished product!

Dude, you didn’t have to say that…Nah, thanks for the kind comments!

Thanks wizzard, mickouse! Turin, I did use AAO from the SVN, and it is awesome! Also the new bone heat weighting and quaternion deformations are great as well! 2.46 will be awesome!

Here’s quickie test anim:
http://home.windstream.net/collinsfamily04/trollMovie0001_0080.avi