The Wait

This is a short animation I am currently working on, it started out as a simple test to try rigging a character.
I chose a robot as I guessed that would be easy to rig and animate.
Oh, I was so wrong.
Allright it probably is easier but it was still damn hard to get it do what I want.
(damn those hands)

What I would need some feedback pretty much everything.
The animation, the music, the timing, too short, too long.

Help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdR_TJlMPQM

haha that was quite funny nice guitar work lol animation was pretty good too keep it up man

animation was good… only thing I could say is maybe better lighting?
and maybe make the render look prettier ?

BTW I have a question
how did you get the text on the computer screen did you just make text in blender then animate it or did you make a movie texture?
because I really need to know how to do this because I’m making a robot/computer that will have to have animation on the screen similar to what you did take a lookie
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1327794&posted=1#post1327794

:):):):):slight_smile: CAS 771-50-6 to 792-74-5

Your shortmovie is funny, the music is cool, i think about two things you could improve :

• more sound fx (when he walk, move his finger, open the garbage can …) , it give more power to your beautifull animations and increase the funny atmosphere:D like on this 3d serial “La chouette”(“The owl”)

• more detail and realism on the texture of your robot in touch with the weather and the waiting time, for example : when it’s raining you can change the specularity , to increase the shine of his metal texture. An other idea : the more he wait the more he rusts:eyebrowlift:

Nevertheless you have already made an excellent work. Bravo!:wink:

MisadventureFilms: I made a ordinary plain text in blender.
Put it in front of the screen and made both screen and text shadeless.

hahahhah i just left a comment on youtube about this! im very glad your in the blenderartists community also. great job again!