The Wasp

I still didn’t get my Blender Rocket yet but found out this weird wasp in my backyard instead! Enjoy

10 Likes

And forgot to mention:
Using: Blender 2.79 Stable Release, Cycles Render, 1400 Samples
Technique: Modeling / Sculpting
Texturing : UV Mapping/Texture Painting, Procedural
Background : HDRI Haven, Some modeled dead trees with procedural textures.

EVERYTHING done in blender except the seamless eyes texture.

Thanks for the likes!

I realized a missed a part of the point when posting this here, I didn’t think of showing early stages of the process. I didn’t mean to be rude with Blender friends.
In short, I started this on May 16, worked on it on evenings till May 22. The lapses between pictures aren’t very even, I didn’t think at that time this could be interesting. Enjoy.

And this gentle men, is art. Well done.
But I kind of liked the one with more fur on the head, looks a bit realistic to me.

I totally see your point, thanks for the comment. I decided not to go for the bumblebee style becaused it seemed too cute to me and also because I REALLY like doing the UV’s and materials of solid objects.

Now, the more I look at it, I see a bit more clearly that I need to fix the hair, It seems not so bad up close but the thumbnail view makes it look weird.

Thanks

Tried this project on EVEEEEEEE, check it out here!

This isn’t a tutorial, simply showing a bit of what I observed I have to do so far every time I open up an older 2.79 in 2.8.

Enjoy

1 Like