Hello everyone, wanted to post a recent image that relied heavily on blender for the final stages:
[Updated Version may 03]
Thanks to the kind help of people here, I have updated the final with some changes based on the recommendations:
I created the image as part of an informal challenge in the Sculptris forum over on ZBrushCentral. The challenge was to create a witch character in Sculptris.
As a result, most of the modeling and texture painting was done in Sculptris (all except for the stool, floor and walls, were sculptris originated meshes). I used ZBrush for UV mapping and some texture refinement as I struggled through SSS nodes. Blender 2.7 was used for compositing, lighting, materials, a few small models and tweaks.
I Learned a lot about some of Blender’s features that I’ve previously not had much exposure to, such as material nodes, SSS, lighting and rendering. I was pleasantly surprised that blender easily handled the extremely heavy scene (didn’t bother doing much mesh decimation, and nearly all the detail is geometry).
I hope you all like it, and I’d love to hear what I could improve for future efforts… I’m very much a beginner when it comes to the final stages of production!
Thanks for looking!