I’m a big fan of Blender and the Blender community. I few months back I posted a request for help on using Blender with Debian Linux and received several helpful responses, very quickly. That’s an amazing thing in my world.
I’m primarily an Amateur Director/Producer not a 3D artist, but I’ve been learning enough to be dangerous.
I’m hoping its OK that I share a project I’m currently leading in Portland, Oregon in this forum, to look for potential participants.
The “X and Y,” film project is being pursued by a nonprofit Foundation, Imaginarium Foundation, we created for the purposes of doing collaborative media projects for fun and experience. The film will be a live action fantasy with 3D generated backgrounds. We are looking for a stylized, graphic novel depiction of our story rather than a photo real style.
This project has been going steadily for two years and frankly the complete project will likely take another couple of years. However we are currently focused on creating a 3D animatic, which can be done, in the next year.
Our target Foundation Member has been local artists but unfortunately its difficult to find Blender oriented artists in our area. We happen to have some members in the UK who have collaborated on 3D modeling and wardrobe design, so we have developed effective methods of remote collaboration.
What we are looking for:
Imaginarium Foundation is seeking new members to collaborate on the creation of low polygon, un-textured 3D models. The models will be used to produce a 3D animatic as pre-visualization for our micro-budget, live action, fantasy film titled, “The X and the Y.” Models may be used in production visual effects as well.
The project will be used by our members in their portfolios of work. Our volunteer members serve for the benefit of each other, creating greater opportunities for exposure on a large scale project.
Our members have used a variety of common software packages for 3D modeling including Maya, Truespace and 3D max. However Blender is our modeling and animation software of choice and we would love to get the support of this community.
What we have done:
- 2D Hand Sketched Storyboards (some crappy, some good) for every shot of every scene. Over 800 storyboard panels.
- Voice over recorded with cast of 21 actors and actresses for previs purposes.
- 2D storyboards and voiceover recordings used to create 2D animatic
- Production design art for all sets, vehicles and props
- Temp music tracks being including in 2D animatic (Currently in process)
- Temp Sound Fx being including in 2D animatic (Currently in process)
- 3D modeling to convert 2D animatic to 3D animatic (Currently in process and preferably with Blender)Prior experience with film production is not necessary. Come learn with us. We are looking for new members who want to share their talents and have fun creating together.
If interested contact us here, private message me or shoot us an email at [email protected] with a description of your goals and interest(s) in the Foundation.