The Young Eye of A Killer

Decided to spend a few hours today learning Fur in Blender, so I created this Lion Cub Eye. Felt like it turned out pretty good! Critique is welcome.

5 Likes

wow, looks amazing, how many guide hairs did you use? fur and hair is something that i need to learn how to do, you did a great job. congrats.

Thanks Andrekling! There is about 4500 Guide Hairs in total, with 5 total particle systems controlling the different hair types, etc. I could have definitely added more, to get a better roughness variation in the hair, but my computer would probably die trying to render it lol.

Yes, very nice. I definitely like the fact that you can easily see an entire scene reflected in the pupil of the eye. The areas of the eye surrounding the pupil might need just a little more tweaking …

Thanks! Yeah, it was something I definitely wanted in the scene. I even originally planned for a camera to be reflected in the surface of the eye. But only having 4 hours to create it, I skipped out and just went with the skybox reflection. And I completely agree with the eye surrounding the pupil, I definitely need to do some more study on they way the eye works.