there are not enough spaceship models already! (Final :)

Well, I’m pretty happy with the results so far. This took a long time to uv map, paint and tweak but probably just because I’m not an experienced uv-mapper yet :wink:

But something really cool must be missing, because this looks pretty average IMHO.

I would really appreciate some hints or your opinion to make this space ship really cool! 8)

Version 1.0:

http://www.failedandforgotten.de/ship-small.jpg
Bigger Version (1024x768)

Version 2.0:

http://www.failedandforgotten.de/ship-2.0-small.jpg

• cockpit and cool transparent cockpit glass :wink:
  • reworked and refined the texture / made things smaller
  • added simple labels (real airplans have them all over) and more rivets
  • added two more guns. yeah

still to do:

• add rockets
  • add position lights
  • add engine glow
  • add babe on the side

Final Version

http://www.failedandforgotten.de/ship-3.0-small.jpg
Bigger Version

• some simple rockets :slight_smile:

• position lights

• tweaked a lot (including lighting and material settings)

• and even more cleaning up of the texture map and the model

• still no engine glow and

• still no babe on the side

:wink:

But I’m pretty happy with the result anyway!

Thanks for all of your help! 8)

Well, we all favor detail.
Add a whole bunch of big rockets, lights underneath and on the sides.
A Batmobile style burner and some real glass instead of that blue thing.
Draw some flames on the hood and a babe on the side.
Man, I should 've been a car-tuner.
P

IMHO the only thing you really need on that is some after effects for your engine and possibly modeling the cockpit so that you could use a transparent window instead of that solid blue. Other then that I really like it. Simple yet quite effective!!! Good job. :smiley:

And then I looked at this :]

yah, it’s a wip, what did you expect, I put that on the back burner since the game that I was doing them for is not really accepting player created artwork. so what’s your point? %|

I’ve been wanting to get back to that and actually model the cockpit, but I have other projects that are more interesting for me at this time.

I like the nice simple design. It seems like a very practical space ship. Reminds me a little of a GI Joe plane/ship I once had. The little black one that detached from the big black one. Anyone else remember that? Oh nevermind. Like was said, a transparent, or if you don’t want to model the cockpit, a black window would be nice, to make it look like it’s just tinted glass. I love the textures and the simple paint job.

simple? SIMPLE? Ahhhh… it took me ages to paint! :wink: That was actually really complicated 8)

Thank you all for the advice.

I’m modelling the interior of the cockpit and I’ll probably change the “blue thing” to a black or real transparent “thing” g Maybe adding a little bit of reflections too - there’s probably not much stuff that reflects in space though :wink: I’m thinking of a “Master Chief visor kinda material thing” :wink:

And yeah, rockets and babes how could I forgot that! :smiley:

Well, the grand master plan was too make a “realistic” looking space ship :expressionless: but that what I got here looks a little bit like a comic version or something :frowning: Which is also quite nice but was not really the intention :wink:

Any more advice to change it to “more realistic”? Besides adding more babes on the side… :wink:

Looks really good there. I think you’ve got a really good base- it just needs a few finishing touches to really give it that zing.

I’d add some little lights around it, sort of like the ones airplanes have on the ends of thier wings. This will help give you some focal points around the ship and help draw your attention around it. If the lights are colored, they’ll add some exitement to the fuselage, also.

You also might want to consider adding a few hoses, engine parts, or panels that are of a different texture than the hull- not too much, though- don’t want to clutter it up. Also, like was suggested, put a nice glow in the engines.

I think your idea of doing the cockpit like the Halo visor will work well with this style of ship.

Good job!

One thing I forgot.
Airlocks! Don’t make a plane without 'em!
P

Version 2.0:

http://www.failedandforgotten.de/ship-2.0-small.jpg

• cockpit and cool transparent cockpit glass :wink:
  • reworked and refined the texture / made things smaller
  • added simple labels (real airplans have them all over) and more rivets
  • added two more guns. yeah

still to do:

• add rockets
  • add position lights
  • add engine glow
  • add babe on the side

http://www.failedandforgotten.de/ship-3.0-small.jpg
Bigger Version

• some simple rockets :slight_smile:

• position lights

• tweaked a lot (including lighting and material settings)

• and even more cleaning up of the texture map and the model

• still no engine glow and

• still no babe on the side

But I’m pretty happy with the result anyway!

Thanks for all of your help! 8)

Who?! Finished and no babe on the side?
Well, despite that (:]) it’s looking great.
It’s a good texture.
I’d probably add more airlocks and rockets on the front, but then again I never know when to quit :confused:
I like the glass. Remnds me of the X-wing in Star Wars A new Hope.

Though if you’d like to do an animation, which I would definitely do with a model like this, you’re gonna have to add an engine glow one way or the other.
Right!
P

Well, this is especially for you vliegtuig:

Bigger

Happy now? 8)

This was meant to be an engine glow test. Any more tips? ^^

Oh yeah, this really gets me off :]
Though I think you could work on the particles.
I never really know what I’m doing but I just fool around,
rendering nothing but the particles of course.
But you could try making more glow and less white.
P