There no easy way out_House

Regards to all. This is my last project that I worked for a client. I never seem to have learned so many things while working on one project. The house is relatively simple, but I had a lot of problems.
The main problem was the roof tiles. When modeling, I added the Subdivision surface modifier and things went in the wrong direction. Although I use 32GB of RAM and RTX 3060, Blender took up almost the entire memory and was constantly freezing. At first I thought it was about textures, I tried to create the whole scene from the beginning … but nothing worked. In the end, I came across a useful text that talks about the negative aspects of the Subdiv modifier. I removed the subdivision from the tiles and Blender began to breathe.
I ended up rendering at 1000 samples, with 16 light passes. It lasted about 8 minutes. Postprocessed in PS.
Since the client has requests for changes, the project will continue. I will definitely do a few more variants with a different facade.
Cheers!

18 Likes

I like it very much. One can truly see you worked on variations a lot, maxing that 3060 out!
If I may add something, the house is a but too uniform and clean for me, otherwise amazimg!
I love forests, especially birch trees :blush: may I ask where did you get the flora from (or made)?

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. All the materials are clean and perfect. It’s because I worked for a client. And the clients are such that they don’t want to see any stains or scratches on their new houses :slightly_smiling_face:

Btw, I used Botaniq addon for vegetation. I haven’t had a chance to try others, but this one is quite enough and useful for architectural visualization. There are a lot of advanced settings.

1 Like

Thank you Bart. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I see! It is interesting to see, how a client’s presumptious requirements may actually work against art and the creative process.
For me it is kind of a sign how the artistic approach may fail somewhat, a kind of a warning for archiviz projects, that the clean reality like forcefully hijacks the creativity.
Too much eloquency here, but you get my meaning, I’m sure. :smile:
But it still is a great render! It’s just interesting to think about that angle, even if archiviz may mean photorealism for some people, it can actually go against “real reality”, so to say.

2 Likes