There no topic on how to make a boss fight

Hey am making a platform game. But I don’t know how to use logic to make a boss fight

1. Wrong place to ask
  2. If you don’t know how to write any code, you’re gonna have a bad time trying to make an AI with BGE’s logic blocks (I had a hard enough time making a screensaver I switched to something else and I do know how to code.)

I would suggest trying another game engine where there’s going to be more resources and tutorials, like Unreal Engine 4, Unity, or godot if you’re aiming for 3D.

1 Like

No no I know how to to use code if it’s visual like logic. I just want to know how to make a boss fight using logic

Step one, spawn a big baddie.
Step two, play boss music.

That’s essentially what a boss fight is. You’ll have to be more specific about what you want to do.

Boss fights are interesting for sure to make. Youtube some other games for what happens in their boss fights and then let us know what you are trying to accomplish and we could give you some more tips.

In a recent competition I made an enemy tank that had 4 legs holding it up, and you had to destroy each of them to beat the boss.

I basically only use logic bricks so I can help in that aspect, but often times people will tell you that knowing how to code is the way to go.

Good luck on your game, I can’t wait to hear more and see the finished project!

Fredstash

Ok man - you need to think clearly about the logic of the Boss - what will he do? attack from a distance? maybe it will try to get closer and crush the player? in any case, you need to create states for the Boss and properties that will switch these states during the battle-state 1 attack with a fireball, state 2 run to the player and crush - but how you implement all this through logic blocks or through python depends on you, if this is a fighting game, then you still need collision models - to understand where the player struck and where the enemy unit struck