There's a 1 unit gap between the liquid simulation and collider (effector). Screenshots Included

I’m trying to make a pool of water, but noticed a gap between the pool surface and the simulated liquid. I can’t seem to figure out why. I’ve marked the gap with a green arrow and question mark.

• I made sure to apply scale for all objects
  • Made sure to clean physics cache

Here’s a screenshot of my pool (Liquid Effector) settings:

Not sure how to control how close the liquid hits the effector’s wall. If I lower the Surface Thickness to anything lower than 0.14, the liquid leaks from the bottom of the pool.

The value of the surface thicknes is not an absolute value. That means what 0.14 means depends on the degree you subdevided the fluid domain. A thickness of 1.0 means 1 time the edge length of a fluid cell and 0.14 means 0.14 time the length of the fluid cell. You can see the size of you fliud cells in the lower left corner of you domain cube! Leaking also can be caused by solved by adjusting the time steps of you simulation.
What I would recommend to get a very good result is not to use the pool it self as obstecle but build a secound vessle that’s a little bigger then the actual pool (that not will be rendered) and use this as obstecle. Then the fluid will overlap a little bit with the actual pool, what lets the gab dissappear in its volume.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, you should make the domain as small as possible to keep the size of the fluidcells (relative to the world) as small as possible. When the fluid in your scene is not supposed to leave the pool you can make your domain much smaller in this scene. You’ll need it only where the fluid actually will be.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the answer Dennis, I appreciate it, it helped. Sorry about the late response btw, I’ve marked your answer as the solution :slight_smile:

Have s good one!