Thinsoldier's Sketchbook 2020 - 2021

This one is geometry and textures ripped from a 3ds game. I added PBR shaders and lights. (april 2020 maybe)

Other experiments:

shortcuts:

post thumbnail:

14 Likes

I was cleaning out my desk and found a Digital Tutors training cd for Modo 3 I bought in like 2009 or something. Holy hell there are so many similarities between Blender and Modo 3. I had been trying to learn Maya for much of the early 2000s and finally gave up around 2012. I tried Maya again in 2018 and it was miserable, always crashing, poor performance. I tried Blender 2.79 in 2019 with the Donut tutorial and then 2.80 and I’ve never been happier. There’s so little similarity between Blender and Maya in my opinion, but between Blender and what I’m seeing in this Modo 3 training video I desperately wish I had actually watched this thing back when I bought it because all the progress I made in Blender in 2019 could have easily beeen achieved in Modo in 2009 instead :cry:

2020-06-06

More experimenting with lighting and camera angle on this scene I originally started during my first or second month of using Blender in 2019.

/2019/stairs/stairsV11.blend.

4 Likes

Inspired by something I saw in Hobby Lobby. Logo by http://www.g3ultd.com/

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

Revisiting one of the first things I made in Blender.

2 Likes

0001 0050

2020-07-10 independence day

1 Like

Playing with reflection texture space. 2020-07-12

2 Likes

1 Like

Wow, like… Just wow!

1 Like

I too said I was going to try 3D, after having a chat with a game company (Fireproof Games to be exact) choose 3D Max to start with. A while after that I started downloading the software, when done, started the very long installation process. Sadly my device was perhaps too old and weak to run it as the software self stated.
Had given up on my dreams on 3D.
It wasn’t up till march this year that I was met with Blender and found it is the perfect place to continue my dreams on (was trying my luck at the Supercell Make campaign at that time) and ever since then I have been progressing on it and am at the current time working on my first project (having some problems though that am searching solution for).
Blender is like that, perhaps the only one, software that let you work even if your device is weak. And that is why I like it.

1 Like

Advertising narrator: “the all new La Domant for men.
Be the best man you want.”

1 Like

flag

wet

1 Like

3d text is hard

https://i.imgur.com/0oqcJin.png

1 Like

Geometry and textures ripped from Nintendo 3DS Street Pass Mii Plaza, Flower Town, Courtyard.

5 Likes