this is insane! ALL GAMES BANNED IN GREECE!

Nope!!! It’s already happening here in Greece… :stuck_out_tongue:

skontar.

Like I said.

Boy this is a long way from Socrates!
I wonder what he would say!

I guess he would say:

Please!!! Give me hemlock!!! Shaken, not stirred!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

skontar.

Laugh’s Out Loud! :slight_smile:

/me prefear Martinis :slight_smile:

S0068

His name is sixtyeight… es sixtyeight… :smiley:

Bye…

skontar.

p.s.: BTW, we do have Game… Dealers, here in Greece. I wasn’t kidding!!!

Yes, the odds are always in favor of the house… that’s how the house makes the money for the big hotel, free drinks, free food, the shows, and all the extravagances you see in places like Las Vegas.

My point is, why are so many people against gambling? (It’s still illegal in most of the US). Why shouldn’t someone be free to drop a coin in the slot and pull the lever?

Imp

Life, in its self, is a gamble. Good or bad results from personal choices. These are decisitions that people have to make on their own. Though I would never do it, gambling should not really be illegal. It is somebody’s personal choice to go play. Of course, an understanding of the odds would better help whomever who is playing to put things in perspective and know when to quit … whether somebody does is beside the case.

Legal or illegal gambling it is still the same. People try their luck and hope to win. If somebody gambles at legal gambling facilities the rules and concepts are the same – a risk of some sort.

Therefore the only reason for a government to make gambling illegal (or many other things) is to gain more control, in result, draw profits. It is a monopoly that nobody could really do anything about … although maybe the money would, in turn, be put to use in productive ways. I do not know what would be the case where – although there have always been crooked polititians working for personal gain all over the world.

Videogames should not be classified under the same catagory as electronic gambling. The hook in gambling comes from winning big, then losing it the next turn – causing one to want to win it back. When somebody does get it back it might make that person not think very clearly and want to win more … which causes everything to be lost.

A videogame is nothing like that, since any loss does not effect the well-being of an individual. Getting game over is far difforent than going broke, because the concequence ends as soon as the machine is turned off. Broke is broke – an actual physical loss.

Since there are no real physical losses or rewards, a government could not profit from it the same way as gambling. When videogames are made illegal, nobody would benefit … Or could videogames only be played at legal arcades where a portion of the profit goes to the government?

Perhaps I generalize too much while in speculation, no actual government is really on my mind at the moment. The basic idea is the same, though. It is rediculous and unreasonable. No good could ever come of such an idea.

Waffler
The basic idea is the same, though. It is rediculous and unreasonable. No good could ever come of such an idea.

i agree to that! :smiley:

Holy crap, that’s just stupid.

Also, what is “illegal” gambling? Do you ahve to have a permit or something…?

I think that law will go away soon enough, theres too many gamers in the world to be able to be put down.

Pooba

Hi Pooba!!!

To make things clearer to you, here in Greece there isn’t even a permission issue!!! Almost all gambling in Greece, is under governments control!!! Anyone else is illegal…

So the owners of those electronic gambling machines, were in fact illegal!!!

Not to mention, that these machines (we use to call them “fruits”), weren’t fair at all…

But to fight illegal gambling is one thing and to be a degenerate, old fashioned stupid a$$hole who can not tell the difference from right or wrong and who takes away some certain freedoms (such as the freedom of entertainment) from the citizens, is an other…

They just did it with out thinking and now it’s too late for them to take it back…

Anyway I think they will drop this stupid law very soon when things will be forgoten…

skontar.