This WONT work

(saluk) #1

But you can try it out:)

What am I referring to?

B L E N D E R O N L I N E

More info at my site.

If anyone who has PYTHON2.0 (2.0, not 2.2) installed can’t get it to work, please say so, although I wouldn’t say I’m actively supporting this.

Good luck, you’ll need it:)

(saluk) #2

Oh yeah, you can thank lizard for the wonderful (but slow) terrain and fairly good looking character. You can thank me for being too lazy to even position the characters arms into a decent position:)

(kEinStein) #3

Hehe! Yep, it doesn’t work! It hangs! :wink:
But I can still quit Blender, even ESC works if you insist - but the rest hangs… Hm… shrug But I will take a look at it for sure and try it harder…

(kEinStein) #4

Seems pretty to me… Well textured aswell… But for the character I should take a look once more… Ah! A white suited scientist on a secret testing range or something… I see, I see…

(guru202) #5

Saluk my man,

I keep getting an error “module OBDATA not found” What is the probem?
I’m using python 2.2.1 and Blender 2.25 Publisher. Help me out man.

(saluk) #6

YOU MUST USE PYTHON 2.0!

It won’t work with any other version of python, because blender is set up to use 2.0. And on some computers, it may be difficult to even get it to work with python installed, because blender knows not where python is. So install python2.0, and if it still doesn’t work, try messing around with the pythonpath.

Here’s a good post about getting python to work:
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3359&highlight=pythonpath

(guru202) #7

Ahhhhhh! Now I see. Blender uses the standalone Python 2.0 dll.
That means more compatability. No need to SHOUT :wink: Saluk.

Anyway, thanks for the lesson. Now I know what flavor of Python to
stick to when using Blender :slight_smile:

(saluk) #8

Hehe, sure thing. I just wish it worked better:) I also wish I had more control in helping other people get it to work, but it just wants to be annoying and stubborn so oh well. No worries.

Grrrrrrrr, that last boss in metroid prime is pissing me off!