three new images since I initially got banned

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/kansas15/0064_G
http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/kansas15/0065_G
http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/kansas15/0066_G

They’re not quite at full size since they’re at the public gallery, that is until I get my own album again.

EDIT: now have my own album up, the images are through this new link
Second EDIT: now I have three links to the images

Showing improvements. Nice to see you experimenting with subsurfing.
Anyway, how’d you get unbanned?

I love the first one. :slight_smile: Can’t be bothered to crit right now…

Some real improvements there. Image 1 looks a bit odd, but the other 2 are cool, love that material on the last one.

Heh, I kind of like the oddity of the first one though. It reminds me of certain levels of the game Power Pete (oh how I miss that game!)

im liking the third “desert bunker” one…it looks like something you might see in a game…i would work on the textures for the bunker itself, maybe a little more rough lookin, and maybe apply different textures to differen’t parts of it to make it stand out more

ist one is not great. the second one is (very) good and the third one is nice.

It used to be a little noisier, but then again people would say it’s too noisy and tell me to tune the noise down :wink:

Anyway, the point for me is that I like the images, I made the images, and i’m improving on the images. It doesn’t matter if people like them or not.

I Like the 3rd the best. I especially like the ground texture (the one the thing is under, not the one in the background). Did you use ramp shaders? Could you perhaps show me the texture (either by .blend file or otherwise)? Thanx.

P.S. Good images, I have no Crits (this isn’t realyy my area though, th buildings and stuff…) :slight_smile:

hey now your like a outlaw kind of guy, haha, i want to be an outlaw too!

anyway i really like pic#2 and pic#3
#2 glad to see you are getting a better handel on your shadows
#3 i like the rocks and the grass hill part, how about a seperate render with out the other surface at the top, and with out the sturcture in the middle.

clear the saloon…outlaw kansas is back in town, haha, kind of glad your back it adds more of a depth that this community has been able to be firm but not so firm that they dont allow you back, thats pretty cool.

Lol…I think I should try and get really annoying and become banned. You’ve gotten more comments in an hour than I have in a few days on any of my projects.

Lol, glad your showing progress, keep it up :wink:

You’ve shown good improvement on your lighting and some improvement for texturing.

i think one problem is that they all still look unfinished and would benefit from extra details and such. I highly recommend you put your next project in the WIP forum and show us the progress you make so we can offer suggestions and advice on how to make it look better than anything you’ve ever done.

It just pains me to see images with so much potential that don’t get finished or improved.

Keep it up.

The bunker one was going to have plants but I removed them because of very long render times.

Hmmmm, so my new setup for lighting is working. :wink:

The bunker one was going to have plants but I removed them because of very long render times.

Hmmmm, so my new setup for lighting is working. ;)[/quote]

You might have to get use to long render times if your going to be pulling some quality images.

nice work.

i like all three. the bunker could be higher poly, but the light setup works well for outdoor scenes.

I still think that if you put some things in the WIP forum, and made some higher poly models you would be improving you work very much.

OK, you are definitley improving with each new render.

Some things you should try:

a) Scale the procedural textures so they look like they are smaller/larger to get proper scale references.
b) Try using image textures instead of/with procedurals at times. It will look better.
c) Play with different lighting set ups. You seem to utilize the same lighting in every image. Look for tutes on 3 point lighting for starters.

Keep on going though.

BgDM

Hmmmm, so my new setup for lighting is working. ;)[/quote]

You might have to get use to long render times if your going to be pulling some quality images.[/quote]

Quality images don’t have to take forever to render.

Oh, nice! :smiley:
Great job, you’re showing a LOT of improvement! Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Quality images don’t have to take forever to render.

I agree. Take this one for example:
http://www.lemsoft3d.com/images/BOTW/Backgroundoftheweek_9-10-04.png
That took like 10 seconds to render.

haven’t got the time to fully crit, but I definitly see an upward trend in your work.
keep it up!

• Bentagon

You show promise. You have improved rapidly from the first renders I’ve seen from you. Now, go here, and read this.

http://optidigit.com/stevens/tutorial/workshop.html

It wouldn’t hurt for any 3D artist to read every tutorial Steven Stahlberg has written, but he concentrates more on organic modelling so some of it you might find less useful than I do.