News: A new 2.7x version (0.0.4) and 2.80 version (0.1.2) were released, see this post for more information.
This Add-on allows you to create semi-circular arches by adding three points to your scene using the left mouse button. The first and second points you placed define the beginning and end of the arch, the third point sets the height and rotation angle of the arch. After placing the 3 points the add-on goes into an “extrude mode” where two extrusions are performed to set the arch’s width and length before exiting.
Note: It’s recommend that you snap the arch’s first two points to an existing vertex otherwise your arch may be created at a weird location. Escape and Right Mouse interrupt the arch creation and exit the add-on.
- Save the three_point_arch_001.zip file to your computer
- In Blender, go to File > User Preferences > Add-ons
- Remove any older versions of “Three Point Arch Tool” (if there are any)
- Press Install From File and select the three_point_arch_001.zip file you just downloaded.
- Enable the Add-On by clicking on the box to the left of Add-On’s name (Three Point Arch Tool)