Throne of the Unforgiven

Texturing underway, also I did the eyes.

I’m not sure I want to do any more significant changes to the skin though. I sort of really like the way it looks now. I baked in some subtle details I sculpted onto a normal map, but nothing too crazy like adding in pores, roughness and such.

Also eye color, skin color and hair eventually, all driven by object color. You have no idea how much time that saves.

2 Likes

Are you modeling things in EEVEE :thinking: :grey_question:

Nah, blender internal, by some miracle I can run 2.8 with just barebones integrated graphics but still eevee makes my system go into cardiac arrest. I’d upgrade but the pricings are through the roof down here, I have to live on less than $200 a month and pay these damn taxes maan.

1 Like

Okay, added teeth and hair. Some facial animation too, right now we have an emotional range just barely bigger than Steven Seagal’s, but good enough for now. I’ll keep working on it. Oh and by the nine divines I need to add eyebrows! All in due time.

2 Likes

Wow, is this greatly-detailed character even low-poly enough for BGE :thinking: :grey_question:

Totally not lowpoly, I’ve given up on that. Making stuff as detailed as I can is my main thing now.

This character is about 20,000~ tris with hair, eyes, teeth and all, around 3,000~ tris on the lowest level of detail. UPBGE can handle some nasty poly counts so not a huge worry if I use manageable texture size, simple shaders and minimal post processing. Also the rig is pretty optimized and so are the animations.

Now the thing is obviously I can’t push stuff like this en masse, and so I won’t. My original game idea meant a world too big for me to finish on my own and having thousands of objects onscreen; not manageable. I’m scaling things down and making it cuter to compensate. Smaller and easier on the eyes is the core mantra here.

1 Like

Put the tongue in and wrapped up some more mouth animation. Also eyebrows. They’re more important than you think.

All we need now is some darn clothing maan.

1 Like

OH YAS NOW WE’RE TALKING

2 Likes

Your a talented artist for sure :100: :slight_smile: :+1:

mmmh … let me think

@blenderaptor get your facts right man :wink:

& btw, I get the screen-shot joke, @Liebranca should make a Blender_Meme with it, lol.

I redid the outfit. Quick upbge-eevee port to show the awesomesauce c:

2 Likes

Here’s another quickie, this time in UPBGE 0.2.4 without post processing.
I’m still debating with myself over what the animation logic should be.

1 Like

looks great so far!

i posted an eye shader a while back, surely some quick edits could match it to your style.

Right now I’m inbetween recording an album so not a lot of time left for much else. The burn-out is real maan. Anyhoo I’m redoing the player controller and making some fancy animations.

2 Likes

MAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PAINFUL IT IS TO GET THIS THING WORKING HALF RIGHT.
MAKING SOME PROGRESS THOUGH. BABY STEPS!

The animations are astonishing. Great work!! :smiley:

You really need to work on the Body collision tho, the feet not even touching the floor 75.0% ruins the feel : \

OH YEAH

I’ve written the armature logic so that

1. scripts can be assigned to actions
  2. follow-up actions can be played on completion
  3. only actions within a specific list of can interrupt playback

This opens up a lot of possibilities. I’m pretty excited.

Go play with cube people, sweetie. Daddy’s doing grownup stuff over here.

1 Like

And suprise, suprise, I’m writting my own engine. Because I can.

Not abandoning UPBGE though, this is just for learning. I’ll resume work on Blender stuff when I’m done with that.

looks cool. I see that you are consolidating the core of your game with strong game system.