Tiler: add-on for generating mesh patterns in Blender. Especially useful for tiles generation in architecture visualization applications.
Here you can watch the add-on presentation:
You can get the add-on from here: https://blendermarket.com/products/tiler-add-on
Tiler (version 1.1) RELEASE NOTES:
- displacement map generation,
- interface update: now you can use 3 intuitive buttons to generate tiles: ‘Show Preview’, ‘Refresh Preview’ and ‘Generate Tiles’ buttons. Old keyboard shotcuts are still available,
- support for tile packages (new tile packages coming soon),
- new ‘mesh’ preview type which shows full geometry of limited number of tiles to be generated,
- preset interface improvements.
The major feature of new release is displacement map generation. It allows you to create displacement map from the generated tiles just with a few clicks, simultaneously for all walls. The procedure is as follows:
• you generate the tiles using standard add-on functionality,
• after the tiles are generated you can optionally perform some modifications on them (e.g. add some modifiers),
• in the next step you have to provide UV map for the map generation. You can create some on your own, but more convenient option is to use the add-on functionality to generate automatic UV map for you - in such case you don’t have to select any specific geometry nor add any seam, you just click single button and the UV map of the building walls is ready for you immediately,
• in the last step you simply click ‘Generate Displacement Map’ button and that’s it: the add-on will do the rest for you.
The add-on also has the ability to integrate with ImageMagic tool (available for free) in order to give you an option to antialias generated map with minimal effort. All you have to do is to install ImageMagic tool (Q16 version) and then simply choose desired antialiasing level in the add-on options.
You can watch the full video presentation of displacement map feature below:
In order to get more details regarding displacement map generation procedure read the add-on documentation.
Tiler (version 1.2) RELEASE NOTES:
• pattern presets were added to the Multi Mode. The image below presents all patterns currently available:
Tiler (version 1.2.2) RELEASE NOTES:
‘Align to center’ mode was added. The difference between standard and new mode is depicted in the image below.